user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon Custom: New bulk listing tool available

by News_Amazon

We have released a new bulk listing tool that allows you to apply customizations to numerous ASINs at the same time through a self-generated excel template.

For more information, go to Enabling bulk customizations.

With the bulk listing tool, you can:

• Reduce listing and catalog management time
  • Create or edit SKUs/ASINs across all customization types (text, images, and options) and product surfaces
  • Export customization data and apply it to products with similar fonts, colors, and components
  • Edit and update your existing listings and add new custom products

The bulk listing tool for customizable products is available to registered Amazon Custom sellers. If you have a professional selling account, but have not joined the Amazon Custom program yet, you can register here without any additional fees to experience the new tool.

Tags: News and Announcements
15 replies
15 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_JSkKTxOgzk1ON
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

What the heck is Amazon custom. This sounds like a really useful tool for like 5 people.

user profile
Seller_dLxYHTa4QXRwM

1- %90 or more customers are using their phone “not their pc/mac” and they do not see the preview at all before adding it to their cart, they are not aware of swiping back up to see the preview, therefore before they can add it to their cart, preview of their item must be shown with a required tick box "where they approve the preview/spelling/no copyright/no trademark. This is a must option. Or at least a mandatory video watch one time per account that shows how to use the customization tool and see the preview before adding it to cart. Having the preview moving down right on top of the add to cart will also help.(For multiple surfaces it is even harder since there is no preview approval step)

2- Additional surfaces without being able to charge extra is not useful at all, additional surfaces must have the option to charge extra.(This feature can be easily added with if/or option).

3- Same as number 2 If/or customization with pricing change is a must, customer needs to make selection before they start customization and depending on the selection, customization will show up with price reflecting.(example, would you like to add text or image or both? would you like to customize back/front /side/top/bottom etc depending on the product and then depending on the selection you will set up your customization and pricing.

I love that now fonts and colors can apply to all listing but I wish we could select ASIN list to apply as we do Print/Embroidery/Laser and can’t use same fonts for all the listing so we will have to do individually.

Also for image customization have us the option to require minimum size image as many customers uploading thumbnail size images that will turnout like a minecraft image:) pix-elated images and as i mentioned previously even we messaged them they do not see the messages or respond back , or at least they do not respond quick enough where order ship by date is due already.

Last but not least, customer can not see the customization details on their order history, I mean they can see the text only but it is almost hidden(they have to go order details and click on “more” to expand and “more” does not seem like button to click on at all. If they ordered image customization they can not see that on their order history the customization at all.

Above all from customer feedback that we have gathered over the 4.5 years selling custom products on Amazon.

Before I forget, give approved sellers to extend ship out dates as customers are making mistakes and as all of you very well aware of customers do not respond or see messages from sellers, due to incorrect customization input from customers we have to contact customers and they do not see or respond back so we have to cancel these orders , therefore give us the option to extend shipping dates or do not count cancellation that effects our metrics, Also sometimes customers leaves a note in the customization section instead of the actual customization that we must contact them back.

user profile
Seller_Nb6ZtLcoGFwI6

This is a fantastic development for Amazon Custom.

Building customization for each ASIN was very time-consuming. Now with the flatfile you can bulk upload to as many ASIN’s as you want. With a few tweaks of the spreadsheet, I’m able to re-list my custom products with an exact copy of the customization details from USA into UK.

The custom / personalized market on Amazon is huge - include the word ‘custom’ when searching for any product and you’ll find someone putting a custom name / date on the thing you’re interested in.

user profile
Seller_piL7iNoHXIzZw

They released this some time ago actually. It’s great…when it works. Many times it takes 24 hours for the feed to complete the changes. Much too long for only a few items.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post