user profile
Sign in
user profile

All SAFE-T claims denied

by Seller_UnmliB1t6KelN

We used to file the safe-t claims when we use to get orders that used to be damaged by customer or when customer change there mind about purchase and amazon give them auto-authorized prepaid return label on our account.
For last 2 weeks every claim we filed got denied. All of them cam back with the same message

"We have denied your refund request for order XXX-XXX-XXXX because you were not debited by Amazon on this order.

Please note that we are unable to reverse the credit that you have issued to the buyer.

You can find more information about Prepaid Returns for Seller Fulfilled Order reimbursement policy here: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/202175000."

Does anyone know if anything change , since amazon seller support do not have a clue about this

Thank you in advance

Tags: Customer, Refunds, SAFE-T
187 replies
187 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_qyC6doIzSrwXc
In reply to: Seller_UnmliB1t6KelN's post

I received a similar email on a Safe-T Claim recently. I responded requesting a Supervisor, then emailed it to jeff@amazon.com. It looks like the Safe-T team is denying it unless Amazon forces the refund now too for some reason.

user profile
Seller_MWiqki2QOEwj1

Same here but it seems when we do a full refund they allow the claim for return shipping but when we do restocking fee they do not longer allow it. This is outrageously unfair

user profile
Seller_TD8kClMwLYBMd

Glad im not the only one. Customer returned an empty bottle of lotion. So I refunded 1.00 and filed a safe-t for the prepaid label, and got the same thing. I appealed and still got denied.

user profile
Seller_AN5jNJP2fLtXq

bunga bunga!

user profile
Seller_0O69KFvrK41OD

I think the heart of the matter is most sellers just started refunding in full then putting in a Safe-T claim which was probably costing Amazon millions.

Now they make the sellers withhold what they intend to withhold and basically say you don’t have to refund further.

user profile
Seller_mg5N0syb16ZqJ

I just had a Safe-T claim approved yesterday, just like I always have. But if I understand things correctly, it seems like I process mine differently. Whenever I receive a fraudulent return (which is all of them), I immediately provide 100% refund once I receive it back. A few minutes later I file a Safe-T claim on the return shipping. That continues to work for me.

user profile
Seller_IZ5lvEic6oGAx

Sounds like Amazon is either allowing a Safe-T claim OR a partial refund, not both. So just include the return shipping costs along with your partial refunds.

user profile
Seller_mGMl3Jjw3tz04

This has been amazon’s official policy on safe t claims for some time but was not enforced. I was corrected by another poster about this who said they wud refund all the time and then file for safe t while I maintained that the money has to be forced from your account per many conversations I have had with suport. Looks like they are finally enforcing it. So no luck if you want to provide a great customer service at amazon’s cost cause that is what it has become!

user profile
Seller_oc3VhbLuqKAiB

Amazon needs to send make a post / announcement regarding Safe-T claims …should be obvious to them sellers were blindsided with all the extra claim appeals and communications Seller support must be getting.

The changes are confusing - as are the Amazon help pages on Safe-t claims… “An order must have already been fully refunded (return shipping cost or restocking fee may be deducted from the refund in accordance with the refund policy” .

Policy mentions restocking fees , but claims are being denied for issuing any refund on the order ? I was rejected this week on a claim where the buyer sent back an obvious wrong item. I deducted the 50% restocking fee ( which I thought was the correct way to handle these ) and filed the claim ( w/ pictures, ect ) and got the same generic “We have denied your refund request for order XXX-XXX-XXXX because you were not debited by Amazon on this order.”.

I opened a case with Seller Support and the basic explanation I was given was don’t issue any refund and open a safe-t claim and Amazon will decide.

"Let me explain this situation clearly. Whenever a order has been auto authorized a prepaid label will be sent to the buyer and the buyer will use that label to send back the return item. If the buyer return an incorrect item you don’t need to submit any refund request from your end even if the amount is a partial amount. The reason we ask you to do this is because you have the right to decline the refund as the return item isn’t what you have originally sent to the buyer…

In situations like this we always suggest the sellers to file a safe -T claim so that the automatic refund will be stopped by Amazon. If you have filed a safe-T claim before submitting a partial refund the buyer will be denied refund for the invalid return. In your future orders always stick to this policy so that you won’t be facing any loss."

user profile
Seller_M04MjNuWAA1Xz

Some sellers need to take this to arbitration because if they don’t then Amazon will continue taking advantage of all sellers.

Go to original post