As you prepare for Prime Day on October 13-14 and the holiday season, I want you to know that Amazon is working tirelessly to prepare so we can be a great partner for you and do our best to delight customers. Earlier this month, we hosted Amazon Accelerate, a virtual conference dedicated to seller success, and were excited that more than 10,000 sellers were able to join us and pick up tips to grow their businesses. As we approach this year’s peak, I wanted to share some updates on investments Amazon is making to help you and some suggestions as you finalize your plans for this season.
First, I wanted to highlight three key investments we are making to support your business growth.
1. We increased peak fulfillment center standard-sized product storage capacity worldwide by nearly 60 million cubic feet compared to last year. We did this while ensuring we continue to keep our fulfillment center employees safe.
2. Amazon will invest an additional $100 million to spotlight and connect customers with small businesses during Prime Day and the holiday season. Small businesses are critical to delighting customers, and we’re excited to invest even more in their success.
3. As we all experienced earlier in the year at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, a great deal can change quickly requiring us to make significant changes to our operations. We’ve made multiple investments to ensure that we are able to react and communicate even more quickly – through email, News in Seller Central, and our forums.
The holidays represent a critical part of many sellers’ business. Looking forward, here are a few suggestions:
1. Every holiday puts additional pressure on each country’s transportation networks – this is an industry-wide occurrence. However, the pandemic crisis has the potential to increase the strain. As a result, we will encourage customers to do their holiday shopping earlier. We also encourage you to send inventory to our fulfillment centers, schedule product launches, and run deals and promotions earlier.
2. Pay close attention to the quality of your products, shipments, and labeling to ensure efficient processing during the busy peak season. Monitor your Restock Inventory page, where you can find Amazon’s recommendations for sufficient inventory levels.
3. Even though much has changed in the world around us this year, one thing that has not changed is that customers continue to be delighted by great selection, low prices, and fast, convenient delivery. It is always critical to focus on these elements. Stay on top of these through the Manage Pricing, Manage Orders, and Account Health Dashboard sections of Seller Central.
We realize that this has been a challenging year – both in terms of running a business and in your personal lives. At the same time, we continue to be inspired by how so many of you have risen to these challenges and continue to delight customers, grow your businesses, and give back to your communities. Collectively, Amazon sellers have not only continued to grow fast this year, but they are growing even faster than Amazon Retail, and that’s such a powerful testament to your resilience, creativity, and of course, your terrific customer satisfaction. As always, we appreciate your continued partnership as we work to accelerate through the holiday season.
Vice President, Customer Trust and Partner Support