user profile
Sign in
user profile

5-Star review brought average rating down?

by Seller_04fFU8i1GjLpv

Hey everyone,

I recently launched a new product and have received the following reviews so far:

1-Star
3-Star
5-Star
5-Star

Upon receive the 4th review, which was 5-stars, the average star rating dropped from 3.0 to 2.0.
Why would a 5-star review make the average drop a full star? xD
Anyone knows what might have caused this?

Tommy Tripod

Tags: Fulfillment center, INR (item not received)
8 replies
8 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_LCuYaJuTeaoMv
In reply to: Seller_04fFU8i1GjLpv's post

The star ratings of reviews are weighted. So an unverified review will have less weight than a verified review. Was the latest 5 star verified or unverified?

user profile
Seller_qKcoXgEpiWVQR

Everytime i ask seller support question regarding reviews the answer is: its a automatic system.

Can someone explain why this is be a 4 star?
1 one star.
10 four stars
26 five stars.

???

user profile
Seller_3nq7KTSyc10hJ

I had the same problem I called customer service I was told the system no longer adds the total Stars / total customers and you get the average from now on it is about the quality of the review and that’s has many factors that go into it,

I asked so why other listings are still going with that average I was told that the system will catch up with every item in the coming future and will be subject to the new rules.

So from now on is going to be determined by the quality of the review God knows how the systems decides that.

Basically negative reviews will have more weight than positive so good luck all.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post