user profile
Sign in
user profile

Sudden organic rank drop

by Seller_EbLfnpft9trDw

I am not sure what happened. I used to have the organic rank for 4 out of the 6 main keywords. Overnight, Two ASINs were pushed to the bottom and were replaced by ASINs that do not have 10% in sales of my Two ASINs. Why? Is Amazon pushing big sellers up in rank despite them having much lower sales?

Tags: Listings
2 replies
2 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Manny_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_EbLfnpft9trDw's post

Hello @Seller_EbLfnpft9trDw,

Thanks for posting this question. I've reviewed the details. Sales rank is calculated based on all-time sales of an ASIN/Product where recent sales are weighted more than older sales. While you might have a lot of recent sales, other products in the same category might also have had a lot of sales, so the Sales Rank may change. This is likely the reason why your ASINs got pushed down the rank. However, as you sell and as your product grows in popularity, you will often see an increase to the Sales Rank.

I would recommend reviewing the Listings Lounge: How do you Rank? Understanding Sales Ranks written by Glenn to understand the behavior of seller ranks in more details.

Do note that this is something that changes even throughout the day, so you can continue to monitor your listings for any changes.

Thanks for your understanding.

- Manny

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post