user profile
Sign in
user profile

Fake reviews by competitor

by Seller_5FO86QzDktT0k

I have a competitor whose team leaves fake bad reviews. They are unverified purchases and always name my competitor's product in their comments. Amazon has removed some of these as abusive, but they continue to post them. A new one just appeared 2 days ago (unverified purchase) This competitor engages in online bullying of me on other platforms as well (Tik Tok and Instagram). I don't understand why this is allowed to continue on Amazon when it's clear what's going on. I have requested that these unverified reviews be removed, and my request is under review.

I am not willing to engage in the reverse tactic. I believe in my product and don't need to spend time denigrating anyone else's. Think of how many types of everything there are (clothes, makeup, workout gear, purses), and the leading brands do not engage in this type of activity. There is room for all of us and the customer can decide what products they would like to use.

Has anyone else run into this on Amazon, and how did you resolve it?

Tags: Negative reviews, Product reviews
3.4K views
40 replies
40 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_aV1Bh32hE0KND
In reply to: Seller_5FO86QzDktT0k's post

You can report the seller for violating Amazon's →Seller code of conduct.

**This policy requires that sellers act fairly and honestly on Amazon to ensure a safe buying and selling experience. -- All sellers must not:

• Review your own products or a competitor’s products
  • Not attempt to damage or abuse another seller, their listings, or ratings
  • Not attempt to influence customers’ ratings, feedback, and reviews

Go to → Report Abuse

• Provide Order ID or ASIN/ISBN, as applicable

Make sure to include the following information in the "Please describe your issue" field, as applicable:

• The store or business name of the seller you are reporting
  • The ASIN or ISBN of the item’s detail page and the product title
  • The marketplaces for which the violation has occurred
  • A concise explanation of the violation based on the policy** (Violating Seller Code of Conduct)
  • Submit
user profile
Seller_4K7eqIN4GuF2E

Have your lawyer send a demand letter to Amazon Legal to block your competitor from leaving reviews on your products.

That should get some attention.

user profile
Seller_XYKzyGM1mZEhX

We encountered a reviewer who was 'connected' to an active AMZ Seller, but not a Seller. Left reviews claiming our products were counterfeit. We did some research and found them on Facebook, with claims of burning AMZ sellers. Amazon didn't do anything until we found the Facebook postings. They removed several bad reviews immediately. and he/she never returned.

user profile
Seller_8jxcGYEW8NzNK

There're groups all over social media who are just paid to leave negative feedbacks. It's a business.

I've been contacted multiple times on reddit/tik tok and IG to get paid for leaving Negative feedback, or positive in some cases.

It's 10$ per feedback or 20$ for a positive video feedback.

So... good luck fighting this

user profile
Seller_5QDgoi9dELMgG

I have complained to Amazon about such incidents.

But, sadly, to no avail.

user profile
Seller_H5TjEvcb9iB0b

Sadly , No one is going to hear you , This month on a single day , i received around 250 fake orders by my competitors , it was like a bot is sitting on the next side and ordering , i contacted amazon , reported a violation but nothing happened , i am yet to hear from amazon , So Now we are on our own , No Help from other will save you , You have to find out the solution yourself and save yourself .

user profile
Seller_2GGO6SJ84ylGv

I've had the same problem with some unfounded accusations of bad reviews.

I have complained to Amazon about such incidents. But unfortunately, in no case has it helped.

user profile
Seller_7ksAtfeKUR48g

Look at this

It's been almost 3 months, i can't do anything.

I can't find out who did it either.

user profile
Seller_y3stMX41o2Fey

I went through the same exact thing and @Cooper_Amazon helped me to get them all removed (more than 25 total). Please refer to my post on that here. I hope it can help you. Good luck!

user profile
Seller_xfeOewbPONwWL

same some sellers/competitors are doing in our products and for last two years, we are regularly reporting them, but there is no action against thos sellers.

Even amazon are giving more values to new sellers and all those who copied our products. AMAZON should give different level stars to the sellers.

Go to original post