user profile
Sign in
user profile

Utility Bill, Business Licence, Active Listings

by Seller_gziClX48934MK

I’ve got suspended by Amazon because:
A) I did not have a credit card and keyed in my debit card info instead.
B) As you know, Amazon sends out a review email requesting for a utility bill, business licence and any active listings. Not knowing that I had to produce only the type of documents that Amazon wants (after reading threads here), I made several appeals stating things the way I understood it and uploading a bank statement (as I do not have a gas, electricity or water bill in my name as of now) instead.

As of Now:

1. I will be contacting my bank to get a credit card set up, as I only have a debit card.
  2. Utility Bill: Does a mobile phone bill count as a utility bill? I don’t have any other bills in my name at the moment.
  3. Business Licence, “if applicable”: My account is currently individual, do I really need to get a business licence to satisfy Amazon?
  4. Active Listings: I assume that I don’t need to address this point as I do not have any listings at the moment.

As for Points 3 and 4, I would like to refer to a comment written on 15 Aug by Boardsgames4Us in a thread covering a similar topic:
“Amazon wants reputable businesses…You “should” (have or plan to) get a business license. That is not based on being a company or a sole proprietor. Most communities require the business license to operate a business - even in your own home.
Regarding invoices. If you are operating a business, you need inventory. You should have purchased or be prepared to purchase inventory. Without that, you really have no business. Ideally, you should already have been operating a business before starting up on Amazon.
I do think that you may have already passed the point where they will take you seriously.
You should consider the business license and contact your suppliers to check into the option to purchase a starting quantity of inventory, but on terms that will allow you to cancel the purchase or return unsold items within 30 days for a refund on the product costs and accept the shipping costs as a business loss.
That would be your only option for an appeal.
The problem is that you are not committed and without that, Amazon is not interested.”

Yes, I will get a business licence in the very near future. However, how am I supposed to have any listings when I have not even set up a simple thing like my amazon seller account yet? How can I commit to buying products when I don’t even have the surety of being able to sell here? Do I really need to have any listings to show Amazon in order to get my account reinstated?

1. My seller account is still accessible but is currently “closed” because I am not able to sell (I requested closure of account and Amazon said that my account is effectively “closed” as I am not allowed to sell on Amazon, however my account still remains accessible and not “closed” as I imagine it to be). Will Amazon ever reinstate my account if I do produce the right documents?
Tags: Advertising, Amazon business, Deals
20 replies
20 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy
In reply to: Seller_gziClX48934MK's post

Please read: Info: Why was my account suspended, immediately after registration?

1. I will be contacting my bank to get a credit card set up, as I only have a debit card.

That’a a start.

2. Utility Bill: Does a mobile phone bill count as a utility bill? I don’t have any other bills in my name at the moment.

Yes, a mobile phone bill is fine.

3. Business Licence, “if applicable”: My account is currently individual, do I really need to get a business licence to satisfy Amazon?

No, you do not need a business license.

4. Active Listings: I assume that I don’t need to address this point as I do not have any listings at the moment.

Correct. No listings, nothing for you to submit.

However, you cannot just close and open Amazon seller accounts.

I sincerely hope, you did not complete the process, as outlined here: Close your seller account.

My seller account is still accessible but is currently “closed” because I am not able to sell (I requested closure of account and Amazon said that my account is effectively “closed” as I am not allowed to sell on Amazon, however my account still remains accessible and not “closed” as I imagine it to be). Will Amazon ever reinstate my account if I do produce the right documents?

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

Yes. when you send your real credit cad, correct matching addresses, and a utility bill in your name.

user profile
Seller_cu1Lr54OxusWw

This is not the same as closed. To Amazon if you are suspended then they consider it “closed” … however it is not truly closed.

user profile
Seller_gziClX48934MK

Interestingly, the course that I am taking for Amazon Private Labelling has replied me in regard to having to use a credit card (and not a debit card):

“As far as we are aware, Amazon does not require a credit card to set up an account, a debit card can also be used. We have heard of international residents having issues with receiving/making payments through Amazon that can lead to random suspensions (Suspensions when creating the account are nothing unusual, this happens a lot). If it is the case that your bank/cards are causing the issue I would recommend looking into 3rd party solutions - we recommend OFX for which a module can be found in the academy but there are many online like Payoneer or Wetransfer, do a search and find one that will suit your needs.”

I have keyed in my debit card details without any rejection. It’s confusing because I don’t know who to listen to.

user profile
Seller_ftSlnIeTTX0Cs

And I will add, that once your account IS closed, there is no way to “re-register”.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post