user profile
Sign in
user profile

Ensure your listings meet detail page guidelines

by News_Amazon

To provide a great customer experience, it is important that your listings meet our product listing requirements. Before you create your listings, review the style guidelines, Product Detail Page rules, and the Selling Policies and Selling Code of Conduct.

If your listings violate our policies, we may remove content such as bullet points or portions of product descriptions. This will not impact your account health negatively at this stage, but may in the future.

For more information, go to:

1. Product Page Style Guide

2. Product Detail Page Rules

3. Selling Policies and Seller Code of Conduct

Tags: News and Announcements
70 replies
70 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_rttt1yARiCuPx
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Now that is a great idea… except for

1. We cant create detail pages anymore unless we own the brand
  2. Even when we DO create detail pages, 9/10 they are suppressed for missing information that was put in initially
  3. Once they are suppressed, there is no fix.

Why not, instead of these NONSENSE “news” announcements, work on fixing your broken system? Or making seller support actually know their job? That would be nice.

~Leah

user profile
Seller_nstkdGWZl0SW0

Every single new listing from Mattel and Hasbro violates this.

Your company is filled with incompetent people who create systems that make it impossible to comply to.

This is another mess your company is going to create

user profile
Seller_xeDdQgRH5VZwO

Oh look, Amazon finding more ways to suppress listings.

user profile
Seller_Qbd0RsfZFEZBY

My experience is that Amazon wants you to take direction well (a.k.a do what your told). We all know its best to follow policy to the letter.

When they made the announcement about keywords a few weeks ago, we reviewed and updated our keywords.

When they made the announcement regarding granular categories, we are reviewing and updating our categories.

I feel like this has an impact because we were not negatively impacted by the recent search and PPC issues at all.

My recommendation would be to get comfortable with turning a blind eye to the negative stuff that we as sellers cannot change and focus on the things you can do, like following directions.

user profile
Seller_o5XajdycUibIV

Ok, and when we find a listing that does not meet detail page guidelines or has an error how do you recommend we have the page corrected? Seller Support hasn’t helped correct a product detail page in years, and the “brand owner” of the pdp’s usually doesn’t exist.

user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT

This seems like a good place to put this.
The survey is open until June 16.
Please note that discussion of the survey should take place in that thread, not this one.

user profile
Seller_T0giL4Ksj4uJr

I’ve made multiple attempts to update listings that have incorrect information, to no avail. I’ve even opened cases and provided info to Amazon that proves the listings have incorrect info, as well as photos and was told that only the brand owner can update. Issue is that one of the incorrect items in the listing is the Brand. Of course, I provided evidence of this as well and Amazon has done nothing to resolve. So, if you can’t even update incorrect info, how in the world can non-brand owners update other items in the descriptions? Guess we will have lots of supressed listings coming.

user profile
Seller_3jklMu9gL1Ar4

How about providing a great selling experience?

user profile
Seller_25H8KmR7CXE2g

I’m trying to change a few listings back to English. Can you help with this. ?

user profile
Seller_BKlV7AqNr0t5x

Many so called “brand owner” is not true and authentic brand owners. Apparent mistakes won’t be fixed.

Example: This listing was hijacked by a “brand owner” to sell another type of shoes. The first 2 pictures are the ones replaced by the “brand owner”. The last 3 pictures are the originally correct one.

Go to original post