user profile
Sign in
user profile

Dominican Republic Scam Buyer

by Seller_9LCOGVMofIt8g

Well, I knew sooner or later they would find their way onto Amazon from eBay. I have a buyer in the DR that used a freight forward company to purchase 2 iphones. She’s claiming the screens are not OEM. She’s not claiming any defects, but she is mad that I didn’t list that the screens were replaced. I didn’t replace them and would have no way of knowing if they were OEM or non-OEM. . She wants me to pay the return shipping fee of $70 from the DR to the U.S. I’m afraid to receive negative feedback, she has been calling me a liar and scammer. Again, these phones were in excellent condition and fully functional, she apparently has a problem because the screens are not the original screens… What should I do?

Tags: Fees, Listings
29 replies
29 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ofOBVTQ7u4YSX
In reply to: Seller_9LCOGVMofIt8g's post

Authorize a return and provide a prepaid label from the address of the freight forwarder. The buyer would need to get the items back from the DR to the freight forwarder on their own.

user profile
Seller_9LCOGVMofIt8g

Update: Well, after offering her to return the item, she then questioned if I would really refund her money. No kidding. In any event, she has not returned and decided to leave me negative feedback for something that was A; completely trivial and B. something that I would have no way of knowing and was never asked prior to her purchasing.

user profile
Seller_jglZowc8rO988
user profile
Seller_9LCOGVMofIt8g

Here’s a kick in the pants update. The buyer did not want to spend the $70 to return the items from DR so instead she left ne two negative feedbacks which resulted in my account getting suspended… How can that be in this world today? I have been selling on Amazon for years, yes, once in a great while I may make a mistake but I ALWAYS do the right thing for the customer. In this case, the buyer used a freight forward company for two different orders, Amazon policy says they dont refund freight forward buyers. I was happy to refund them knowing full well, nothing was wrong with the order they just wanted money back, and when I refused a partial refund, they leave negative feedback and I’M the one that gets banned??? This is absolutely crazy!

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

If you are in the business of selling used iphones, you should learn how to determine if the screen has been replaced.

In my opinion, a non-OEM screen is a serious defect which should be disclosed and may affect the condition of the item.

I suggest you write an appeal with a plan of action and include better disclosure of the defects in the items you sell. And find a repair person who can teach you how to recognize an OEM screen.

Though this could have been a scam, looks to me like the buyer was more justified in accusing you than you were in accusing her.

user profile
Seller_9LCOGVMofIt8g

I want the readers of this post to know what I was working with the day after this scammer purchased the phone. I call it “prepping”. Many scammers send out a “prep” message so they have something to grab and accuse once the item, in this case, a smartphone, arrives. Here’s a short word for word synopsis of what she sent me, beginning with the day after she bought the phone_**. BTW, I responded to every message very professionally and with courtesy.

I hope the iPhone is unlocked for international usage (Sunday, March 18)
Why did you sell me an iPhone with a bad led? (Thursday,March 29th)
Don’t give me that crap…A phone dealer will know when it’s a bad screen, the difference is very clear, the blue screen makes it obvious *** This was in response to my apology and that I would have no way (after 20 years) of knowing if the screen was aftermarket)
Well, the phone is in a Different country and shipping it is very expensive (Friday, March 30) *This was the message after I apologized and asked her to open a return case * Her response is the set up so she can get a partial refund.
Will u pay me the 70$ I will use in shipping them back to you (Tuesday, April 3) *** To which I replied yes.
Will you pay me the 70$ am going to use to return both phones? (Friday, April 6) ***Second time I replied yes, I will
How am I sure you will pay me? (Friday, April 6) *** I replied with because it is recorded in the Amazon messages that I would.
I buy over 100 I phones in a month, I resell I phones here, I have been buying I phones that way for months, and when ever I ask if it works for international users, it’s because most sellers sells locked phones as unlocked, sellers like you should be off this website, I hope my feedbacks will create the awareness…thief (Thursday, April 10)
*** I didn’t reply. I wasn’t sure where this message came from after I told her (twice) that I would cover the return shipping.
I wonder why u have not been banned (Sunday,April 15) *** I didn’t reply.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post