user profile
Sign in
user profile

Buyer refused delivery $800 in shipping charges?

by Seller_CS4s7Z1qKKtgq

Hello, I’m trying to figure out how to proceed with this case. The customer placed an order for a large item that shipped via freight carrier. The order was placed on 8/17 she confirmed she wanted the order shipped to her business through Amazon messaging. We shipped the item 8/19 and it was picked up late Friday afternoon. (In this case we normally to not get the tracking until Monday)

On 8/20 (Saturday) she requested to cancel the order. I advised her that the item had already shipped and could not be cancelled. I researched this immediately and provided the carrier and tracking along with the scans showing it was picked up Friday afternoon. I told her she would be responsible for shipping charges if she refuses the item.

She never replied. The carrier called her to deliver the freight 8/26 and she told them she cancelled the order and is refusing to accept it. The total freight charges are over $800 roundtrip!

Any suggestions on how to proceed in order to recoup the shipping charges?

Tags: Cancelled order
7 replies
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd
In reply to: Seller_CS4s7Z1qKKtgq's post

Same answer you received last month

Just an FYI. I think you are a drop shipper. No LTL has ever picked up a pallet for me and not handed me the BOL with the pro-number on it. Usually can be tracked in a few minutes if not by the end of the day.

Did you offer free shipping? If so, there is nothing to recoup.

Using the large and heavy template may help you.

But in general it does not matter if your shipping cost is $2 or $200. If you offered free delivery. It is simply free. Now if you had a shipping charge to the buyer, refusal would be (to me a buyer faulted return reason of no longer needed).

I think people that sell $400 plus items on Amazon are nuts. I assume they have a profit margin that will cover all the issues that someone that sells $20 items. You are selling something with $400 in freight alone.

You appear to have been selling since 2012. Are you new to shipping items that require freight?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post