user profile
Sign in
user profile

Restocking fee suggestion for refused delivery?

by Seller_CS4s7Z1qKKtgq

Hello, I’m looking for advice on an order placed and shipped to the customer. They sent me an email requesting “where’s my stuff”? I looked at the detailed tracking to discover the refused the delivery. I replied to their message with this information and they said it “was refused, as we bought it by mistake”

We paid to ship it to them and then are hit with return shipping for a refused delivery. My question is how much restocking fee are we allowed to charge in this scenario. It is not address by the restocking fee rules.

What are your recommendations?

Tags: Customer
6 replies
6 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_aV1Bh32hE0KND
In reply to: Seller_CS4s7Z1qKKtgq's post

The buyer changes their mind* about a purchase and returns an item in the original condition within the return window - No restocking fee.

For customer-fault returns, for example, accidental order or better price available, you can deduct the cost of return shipping from the refund. For more information, go to Issue refunds and concessions for seller-fulfilled orders.

Restocking Fee guidelines:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/help/hub/reference/201725780

You will only be able to withhold the shipping cost.

user profile
Seller_pBEwo8CxxHc63
In reply to: Seller_CS4s7Z1qKKtgq's post

It is addressed. As @Medic said because your getting the item back in the same condition you are not entitled to restocking fees.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post