user profile
Sign in
user profile

Buy Shipping Damage Claim

by Seller_LkdRmJClJdXNk

We recently shipped a Seller-Fulfilled Prime order, using the Amazon Buy-Shipping, which is a requirement, for at least 95% of all SFP orders. The item shipped via FedEx. The item was received by the customer, but was damaged. It was fine when it left the warehouse. The customer filed a return request, stating the item was “broken”. Amazon automatically approved the return and sent a return shipping label.

It was returned to us, via UPS, and was apparent without even opening there was a problem. We contacted Amazon to ask how we can file a damage claim so we can get reimbursed. That’s what we would do if we had shipped under our shipper account. We were told, we had to file the claim. I explained the shipper account wasn’t ours and, based on experience, either the shipper, or recipient had to file the claim. She was adamant we had to file the claim and if we had an issue, we should open a ticket with Amazon.

Well, as expected, we attempted to file a claim and the shipper and recipient address information was already partially completed and grayed out, so we couldn’t make changes. Next, we opened a ticket with Amazon. Within a couple hours, we received a standard note we’ve seen many times, thanking us for our incredible patience. They have a whole team working on our problem and will keep us informed of progress. We know this is BS. We’ve seen this on issues that have never been closed, or were open for months.

This is our first experience with this type of issue. My question is, does anyone know what the process is?

Tags: FedEx, Fulfillment, INR (item not received), Shipping, Shipping labels, UPS, Warehouse
5 replies
5 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_jglZowc8rO988
In reply to: Seller_LkdRmJClJdXNk's post

I believe I heard someone talking about discovering the work around for this.
I think it was Fedex and not UPS if memory serves- so if I am wrong I apologize in advance for naming the wrong carrier.
If memory serves- the poster stated that if you go to make the claim on their website, you need to click “other” when you get to the part that asks you to request where should the reimbursement go to- buyer or seller?
If you click other you can enter your own information.
The poster claimed this was a successful work around amazons getting the refund for the shipping.
I will look around for the exact thread for you and post if I find it.

Found it

user profile
Seller_jglZowc8rO988
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_LkdRmJClJdXNk

Thank you. I appreciate your help. I’ll give that a try.

user profile
Seller_BmbVlf2rAGkJa

We got ours reimbursed via safe-t claim. Same thing. UPS delivered a return where box was demolished along with contents. I photographed inside and outside and filed a safe-t claim for cost of frame and return shipping. Explained that we could not file a claim ourselves since we did not issue the return on our UPS account - but Amazon did so they needed to be responsible for filing the claim. The did refund us, but I hear safe-t claim is not as easy on reimbursements now as when they first rolled out the automated returns.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post