user profile
Sign in
user profile

Item damaged using Amazon Buy Shipping for FedEx. Info on claim

by Seller_IBB5HK1UKOX7k

This thread is to give information on Filing a FedEx claim for damaged item when using Amazon Buy shipping services. I recently had to do this and I will tell you how to do it.
So I got a package returned to me due to damaged packaging and I wanted to file a claim. So I contacted FedEx and the rep stated that since it was Amazon account then I would need to get reimbursed by Amazon. I thought this was incorrect so I contacted Amazon. Amazon rep stated that I would have to call and file a claim with FedEx so Here we go with the runaround …
So I decided to use the contact form and wrote it out and included my phone number. I received a call back around 8 pm but missed call. I got an email from rep stating to file a claim or call in the claim and gave me a broken link. ( Figure that?) So I thought, lets try something.
So I decided to file a claim online and the first page will populate the shipper information ( Amazon) , buyers information , upload evidence , etc… but then the second page you select who gets reimbursed. This is where you select OTHER ( Not Shipper or Buyer) and it will pop up a section to put in your information. So I filled in my information and behold, I actually got a Check from FedEx for the damaged product! ( it was a little light as what Amazon charges me isn’t what they paid FedEx for shipping!)
So basically you use the Other when selecting who gets reimbursed. I tried it and it works. Now UPS should be the same but I don’t use them , so it works for FedEx when using Amazon buy shipping. If anyone has tried it with UPS, please add to this topic.

Tags: FedEx, INR (item not received), Packaging, Shipping, UPS
0 replies
0 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
There are no more posts to display
Go to original post