user profile
Sign in
user profile

Ask questions to Amazon about Business name and address displayed on Seller Profile page starting September 1, 2020

by SEAmod

Hello Sellers,

This is in regard to the News Announcement posted here.

To get more clarity on Amazon publishing seller’s business name and address on seller profile pages, we would like to give you an opportunity to ask questions directly to our team. Post a question below by September 7 and use the “like this post” feature to endorse other sellers’ important questions. Our team will respond to a selection of your questions by September 21.

Because we want this thread to be helpful for all sellers, please stay on topic and refrain from asking questions about specific situations. If you have multiple questions, we recommend posting each question separately. While we welcome conversation and discussion on our non-Q&A Forum topics, we ask that you limit your contribution to only questions about displaying business name and address on seller profile page on this thread.

Thank you,
Amazon

Tags: Address
737 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Ale_Amazon
In reply to: SEAmod's post

Hello all,

Please refer to the information below related to the most recurrent question we have identified.

What information will be displayed on Seller Profile pages?

The seller information you provide to Amazon appears in the Seller Profile page and contains the following fields:

Display Name
The name displayed to customers for your Amazon listings and on your Seller Profile. You can view or edit the display name using this link .

Business Name

For companies, the name your business is registered under; for individual entities, your name. You can view or edit the business name using this link .

Note: To update business name, you must retake the tax interview by clicking on “Update Tax Information”

Business Address
For companies, it’s the address your business is registered under; for individual entities, it’s your operating address (street address or P.O. Box). You can view or edit the business address using this link .

We will continue to monitor your comments and concerns.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.
Ale

Jump to reply
737 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_NKoBpBy0oRxQY

Some buyers and potential shoppers might be dangerous people such as having an anger management behavioral control issue and could show up at a sellers home address or could be a career criminal who robs houses or professional business of their personal property or inventory. This makes Amazon libel liable should someone with bad intentions harm a seller or harm a sellers property or inventory upon viewing every sellers available address name and phone number. When not if that will happen the police will have to bring Amazon into the criminal investigation for providing the name address and phone number to the dangerous person who did the act of robbery / attack / kidnapping / or arson ect. This is an ongoing problem on craigslist website over the years of robbery or attacking someone crimes through online information.

No seller wants this at all!

Please protect us from possible harm and keep us safe from random potentially dangerous people we should avoid.

Why not only include sellers city and state and county they are selling in rather than name email phone number or address location.

user profile
Seller_ZDGgATBGegBqy

Thanks for starting this thread. It goes against the overall trend of Amazon ignoring sellers.

user profile
Seller_G3tKlxqw9EUfb

(Please correct me if anything in this post I made earlier is wrong. Updated.)

From the Amazon Notification Reminder:

1. To change your business/individual name or address, select Business Address .

So to sum up the answers to most people’s questions on the earlier thread:

1. Your BUSINESS ADDRESS, as described in Section 4 above, WILL be displayed but not the business name or required phone number associated with this particular address field. Again, Sellers can change the address using the link above which is the same as this one:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/sw/AccountInfo/BusinessAddress/step/BusinessAddress?ref_=macs_aibusadd_cont_acinfohm

1. As evidenced by Amazon sites in other countries and the initial announcement , your LEGAL ENTITY NAME from your tax interview will be displayed, not what Amazon claims in section 4 above. This link should get you to the tax interview:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/sw/AccountInfo/LegalEntity/step/LegalEntity?ref_=macs_ailegent_cont_acinfohm

1. Your PHONE NUMBER will only be displayed if you have listed a CUSTOMER SERVICE number, found under Settings> Account Info> Display Name> Customer Service Details> Phone. Here is a link to change that:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/sw/AccountInfo/SellerProfileView/step/SellerProfileView?ref_=macs_aispvw_cont_acinfohm

(That should answer a lot of people’s questions, but please correct me if anything is wrong.)

user profile
Seller_9Uf78DYSZ2lcW

Please show screen shot showing where the information THAT WILL be displayed can be seen in our accounts.

user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_8heIxAf1mLwgp

Go to Settings > Account Info > Business Address and this can be easily edited.

user profile
Seller_6PT86mmjrFnOJ

My business address is my home address. This does not feel like a safe option for sellers.

I would recommend putting Name and City. I do not want my address where I live and my children live compromised.

I do not want my address published to the public.

user profile
Seller_rSX5Xca68Ebsr

Unless there is some HOLD on this AMAZON change due to be implemented on Sept 1, (no notice was given by this thread, so we must assume there is not to be a hold)

what is the use of this Q and A, with answers to be given on Sept 21?

SEEMS to me that, by Sept 2 (if implemented), this board will be ablaze with ALL THE real world ANSWERS !!!

As well, all addresses will be exposed

I am curious what Amazon is even thinking?
very strange

baited breath till 9/21

user profile
Seller_aopR7UP6ybBVj

Same question as @Waresshopperr above. Amazon forces single member LLC’s to list your individual name as the Legal Entity. However the link to the Business Address in the news item for this announcement links to our business name. So for single member LLC’s is it going to show our business name or is it going to show legal entity?

Go to original post