user profile
Sign in
user profile

Need help creating a variation with 3 options

by Seller_MluuKQnwCXIpn

I’m looking to make a variation theme with 3 options. I have seen this before with Style, Size, and Color but see no way of doing this for myself. I found another post on the forums where someone asked a similar question but didn’t get the answer.

Someone in the comments linked to a page with the 3 variation style that I am looking for here.

Could someone please explain to me how to create this variation option?

Tags: Listings
3 replies
3 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_zwp7tvUQjLD7g
In reply to: Seller_MluuKQnwCXIpn's post

Does your listing already have parent/child relationships and now you would like to add “style” to the types of variations? If so, I would imagine it would be listed as: Size/Color/Style under the Excel heading: Variation Theme.

user profile
Seller_CyKLfaLqcN9p2

First verify that the category you are trying to list in allows variations, one way is to start a parent listing and see if you have the “variations” option there, otherwise it will say “variations not allowed in this category”,

This is for the edit option from manage inventory,
From: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help-popup.html/?itemID=40731

Select a theme from the Variation Theme drop-down list. Select the most inclusive variation theme that you think you’ll need. Once you have created a product with a selected variation theme, you will not be able to change it.
Note: A Variations tab will open after you select a Variation Theme. The Variation Theme drop-down list and Variations tab will appear only if you are selling in a product category that supports variations. Check your inventory file template to view the product categories that support variations.
On the Variations tab, add variations of the product you want to sell (for example, color and size).
To add more than one option for the variation, click Add another.
To delete a variation, click the X to the right of the option you want to delete.

If the add another option is not available, it may be that it is not supporting additional themes.

*just too add, as in bold above, if you already have a variation listing set up, you wont be able to change it, You may have to contact the catalog team and request that.

user profile
Seller_pYgSTFwVkQMPw

every time i had created variation with more then 1 selection level, it resulted in people making mistake in selection and abnormal level of returns. 99% of Amazon customers do not think long or hard enough to go through 2 selections not to mention 3. Since there is very little insentive for them to take time to be careful with no question asked returns, it just costing you money and ruin rating of your product and even get you negative feedbacks like “amazon sent me wrong product, product came in wrong size, its a wrong color…etc”.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post