user profile
Sign in
user profile

Huge decrease in Sales

by Seller_iuM3WE26eLZNA

Did anyone else notice a huge decrease in sales for the past month?
I went from getting a few thousand orders a week to a few hundred.
I also noticed that i am no longer in the buy box even if my price is lower (where in the past i was in the buy box) for my seller fulfilled listings.
Any idea what is causing this?

Tags: Buy Box, Listings, Pricing
211 replies
211 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_4nYtDY95w7z8A
In reply to: Seller_iuM3WE26eLZNA's post

I have noticed the same thing. My sales have dropped drastically and my buy box % went from 99% to 81%. This makes no sense because we have the lowest price and we make our own trademarked personalized design products so not sure how we could be losing the buy box when no one else can sell our products.

user profile
Seller_0txVq03QjK9Av
user profile
Seller_u6utBJsSxkpwg

I have also seen a 25% decrease in sales over night. Been trying for days to speak to Amazon to get resolution with no response. What can we do ? It is killing my business

user profile
Seller_u6utBJsSxkpwg

it is absolutely crazy my sales and buy box % has dropped 25% over night. I had not changed anything !. What can we do as a group as Amazon doesnt want to help just take our money !

user profile
Seller_cVUWZZM8k3BDB

It could have to do with the post I just made. I have tried to look at 8 different items this morning and 7 of them Amazon is the ONLY seller that pulls up, even though there are other sellers on the listing, when I click on see other sellers it tells me that there are none available for my area and etc.
One of the items Amazon is not the seller, but the buy box is suppressed and when I click on see all buying options I get the same thing.

B00IF5QGVY
B00197WV7I

Just two examples I was looking at this morning.

user profile
Seller_0WwNFVotV9VFs

$2000 avg/day to some days now $0 – plus double amazon loan payments this month – fun stuff.

user profile
Seller_ATJxcmyKzHVAt

Significant drop here as well. I’m assuming people have already spent most of their stimulus check and are going out more, as @Major said, especially as states relax stay-at-home orders and closures across the country.

user profile
Seller_lYLz1roOGTQRE

Things are not normal. Customer ordering patterns are not normal and Amazon’s shipping and listing patterns are not typical. It would be amazing if any seller had sales unchanged.

Amazon has apparently been using the Buy Box to order-level, giving it to FBM sellers more than normally to drive sales (and as a result shipments) away from FBA warehouses. Given that the Buy Box is always something of black box anyway it seems like an exercise in futility to try to figure it all out right now.

I wouldn’t put too much effort into trying to figure out what is happening at the present time.

user profile
Seller_1685wH24fB2X7

If you are not taking care of your customer, your competitor will.

user profile
Seller_dNRiCT7uhHzDh

There is a deadly virus in the world and most people are laid off.

Go to original post