user profile
Sign in
user profile

I don't like the new Conditions for Books

by Seller_lyztNmXC2vTOc

I noticed that Like New condition has disappeared, and been replaced by Excellent. Those are two different things. "Like New" is a lot more specific than "Excellent".

Replacing "Very good" with "Great" - I guess? As long as the definition is on line (it wasn't when I checked a few minutes ago (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201889720&initialSessionID=time%3D2082787201l&ld=NSGoogle&ldStackingCodes=NSGoogle

As a buyer, I would certainly want to know the difference between "excellent" and "Like New".

To me, "Like New" is something you could give as a gift to an acquaintance - it looks like brand new, not something you bought second-hand.

I can easily see someone selling something obviously second hand, that should be "very good" (or Great) with an "Excellent", unless "Excellent" means that it looks and feels like New. The definitions should be easy to find - they aren't. it should provide sufficient differentiation. It's hard for a seller to know the difference in seller's terms for "Great" and "Excellent".

Tags: Detail page
151 replies
151 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw
In reply to: Seller_lyztNmXC2vTOc's post

So when a customer orders a book described as "Perfect" by these new conditions, and returns it for "Not as Described" because it's only as good as the condition in which we listed it, will Amazon refund ALL fees, including shipping both ways? Because if Amazon shows one of my books as "Perfect", or "Excellent", or anything else other than the condition which I used when listing, then any "Not As Described" is 100% on them.

user profile
KJ_Amazon
Show post
Buyers may see conditions such as 'Perfect' and Excellent’ in their Used Offer and All Offers displays. These ‘testing’ conditions won’t appear in Seller Central or Invoices.
user profile
Seller_YBfUTeoG971hG

I don't think I would describe even a new book in the publisher's original shrink-wrap as "Perfect." It's an idiotic way to describe anything, and most especially a book! Mods, if you are reading this, please ask whomever thought this was a good idea to have a second (third or fourth, if that's what it takes) thought about it. It's ridiculous!

user profile
Seller_nfYT6Ypy6ArIe

Amazon has done the same thing for CD's and DVD's. You are correct in the terminology.. They should have left that alone.

user profile
Seller_yt1DNm4vcTUK6

It seems increasingly apparent to me that Amazon does not really want FBA bookseller's business anymore.

user profile
KJ_Amazon

user profile
Seller_qTJiCxRI8PpIZ
Show post

Sounds like Amazon is channeling Bill and Ted to me. 😂

Party on, @Seller_qTJiCxRI8PpIZ.

user profile
Seller_nosqrQael0srK

This is a this is a disaster! People know what Good means, and now everything we listed as Very Good is suddenly merely Good? Someone should be fired for implementing this.

user profile
Seller_JYh7XUTOXFL6X

You don't like it? I hate it! Of all the stupid ideas Amazon has come up with, this has to rank high among the stupidest. I sell only media. I will begin the tedious process of transferring my items to other venues that understand media grading.

user profile
Seller_Ha6JyVvDK6Ybs

As long as Amazon provides a grading scale to go along with the terms it would be all good. They did provide scale with definitions right? Hope it is not just opinionated!

user profile
Seller_i2pPkGxURzrLh

It was so perfect as it was omg Amazon is wrecking their own site. Like new - gift quality. Why mess with that>

It's a clown show here now I just don't understand.

user profile
Seller_sFrq6qhRxqMS1

No, just no. Why are they doing this?!

user profile
Seller_07WofIawtwL9i

My book sales were cooking right along...until about the last 24 hours. Now getting nothing. Then I discovered the new conditions. Coincidence?

Go to original post