user profile
Sign in
user profile

Ungated product on Amazon became gated

by Seller_7EAwgOGktNDRg

Hello everyone! Please help ASAP!

Before buying product from a supplier I had checked that it was Ungated and Amazon gave me permission. create labels etc. Products came to USA and I wanted to add some pictures for selling my product and got message 'You need approval to list this ASIN'

What I can do now? Can I change labels in Amazon Facility FBA and sell them on another Ungated Brand product?

Please give me advise ASAP it's my first experience

Best regards.

Tags: ASIN, Listings, Product removal, Restricted Products
1 reply
1 reply
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_kIukTwdhvntAp
In reply to: Seller_7EAwgOGktNDRg's post

"I had checked that it was Ungated and Amazon gave me permission. "

You are confusing AMAZON allowing you to list (or at least "ungate") in a category and actually being APPROVED to sell a product. AMAZON is only interested in FEES. They will allow a chimpanzee to list if it means they collect $$$$$.

They might ungate the CATEGORY but there can be thousands of products and brands in that category. SOME might require documents including an LOA while others might not care.

You really need to go study Seller U instead of TikTok and YouTube before your account gets kicked to the curb permanently.

https://sell.amazon.com/learn

"Can I change labels in Amazon Facility FBA and sell them on another Ungated Brand product?"

Doing this will get your account suspended permanently. It is absolutely against the policies to even attempt to sell a BRANDED ITEM in a 'generic' ASIN.

AGAIN - SELLER U NOW!

Since you have failed to study anything about selling her, at least pay attention to the following --

Since you are new just be sure to follow the requirements for the new, improved Amazon.

For any rookies out there reading this perfect example of how to get suspended on Amazon, just be sure to follow the requirements for the new, improved Amazon.

Have an LOA from the brand allowing you to sell on here.

Source from AUTHORIZED wholesale sources that your rep at the brand says are OK.

If you have watched any YouTube or TikTok videos FORGET everything you saw there.

Spend hours/days on Seller U and read the Forum to see all the really creative ways rookies find to get suspended by ignoring the advice above!

Sourcing

This is from @bryce_amazon and I have added some bold type for emphasis!

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/b85da569-03c1-401d-92e3-09c057cd76de

From @Bryce_Amazon :

Leave a thumbs up or a thumbs down to let me know if you find this helpful (or not)!

As an Amazon seller, it's crucial to understand the platform's policies and requirements when it comes to sourcing and selling products. Whether you're selling branded products from a third party or your own private label items, there are several guidelines you need to be aware of.

1. Validate Your Suppliers: Ensure that the suppliers you purchase from are legitimate and authorized to sell the branded products you intend to offer. This may involve checking their business licenses, brand authorization letters, business bureau ratings, and other credibility indicators.

2. Build Relationships with Brands: For certain branded products, you may need explicit permission from the brand owner to sell on Amazon. Take the time to establish a relationship with relevant brands and understand their specific requirements.

3. Retain Business Invoices: Amazon may request documentation to prove the authenticity of your products. Maintain invoices from your suppliers that include details like their contact information, an itemized list of products, and the purchase dates.

4. Understand Amazon's Dropshipping Policy: If you plan to use a dropshipping model, make sure you comply with Amazon's dropshipping policy. This includes validating your dropshipping suppliers, formalizing the relationship with a service level agreement, and properly identifying yourself as the seller on all customer-facing materials.

5. Auctions: Auctions or auction style environments are not considered valid sources of supply. Reselling products that are intended for destruction disposal or otherwise designated as unsellable by the manufacturer, supplier, vendor, or retailer is strictly prohibited on Amazon.

Ultimately, it's your responsibility as an Amazon seller to ensure that the products you offer comply with all applicable laws and regulations, are authorized for sale or resale, and do not infringe on intellectual property rights. By following these guidelines, you can help protect your business and maintain a successful presence on the Amazon marketplace.

Let me know in the comments how you source your inventory!”

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post