user profile
Sign in
user profile

Got banned for review manipulation but I haven't received any reviews

by Seller_3M3d4FFgg6spr

Hi,

I’m a new amazon seller and recently launched a product. I wanted to get more sales so did a bit of research on how to get initial reviews. I came across AMZDiscover which allows me to retrieve emails from customers.

After contacting several emails to ask for honest reviews for my product at a discounted price, I received an email from Amazon saying that my account has been suspended for violating amazon guidelines. I understand that I should not have done this and that I should have read the guidelines properly, however I don’t understand why I got banned even though I haven’t receive any reviews from the people I contacted.

I keep getting automated replies from Amazon saying I have not provided information (even though I have) and the last email I received said:
“We may not reply to further emails about this issue.”

I wish to speak to a proper person and not automated emails. Is there a way for me to contact Amazon directly about my appeal?

Tags: INR (item not received), USPS
16 replies
16 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_HHJqHzaLgvVyD
In reply to: Seller_3M3d4FFgg6spr's post

Because they found out you were attempting to manipulate reviews. AND you contacted customers outside of Amazon for non-order related reasons. Pretty simple.

user profile
Seller_MaNu1nsSEfLRw

Let’s see if I understand this correctly. You used an email append service to uncover personal data for reviewers on competitor Amazon listings? Then you sent unsolicited emails to those reviewers requesting reviews in exchange for a significant discount on your newly listed Amazon product? And you’re not clear on why Amazon banned you?

user profile
Seller_KwQvA2wNPkewg

I believe your time selling on Amazon is over.

user profile
Seller_3M3d4FFgg6spr

I totally understand what I did was wrong, but don’t I get a warning or 2nd chancd as I did not know + have not received any actual reviews? Just a bummer that I have spent money on inventory and now it’s just sitting there in FBA warehouse.

Is there anything I can do? Like create a new account and get Amazon to transfer my FBA inventory over there?

user profile
Seller_0IDPUgBsNa35F

Offering products for a discount in exchange for a review is 100% absolutely positively banned on Amazon.

Time to find another business.

user profile
Seller_GTzBGbfHfJ9n3

I am sorry.
But, I am pretty sure that what you have done is not appealable.
It violated review guidelines …sellers code of conduct…amazon buyers privacy among others.
You were obviously reported by someone you contacted.
I get about 10 of these unsolicited free product requests a week as I buy a lot and leave a lot of reviews.
I just delete them but I do find it offensive that someone
somehow got my order information and or my email address and that they know what I buy and what I have left reviews for as all my free offers are for similar items to hat I have reviewed.
Others may be able to answer this better…but I cannot see you coming back from this.

user profile
Seller_cu1Lr54OxusWw

The replies are templates … not automated. So apparently whatever you are sending is just not good enough to convince Amazon to reinstate you.

user profile
Seller_dxNiJ3wL98iWT

WOWWWWWWW

OP’s been a baaaaad boy, on so many levels.

Now he’ll also have to pay to have his inventory returned

user profile
Seller_OtMUVcegIB3Hd

Sorry… you’re done selling here.

You cannot create a second account, they will just suspend it.

Start recalling your inventory to sell in a different venue.

You learned the hard way but lucky you’re still new… this mistake should not bankrupt you. YET

user profile
Seller_nstkdGWZl0SW0

NOT ALLOWED.

Go to original post