user profile
Sign in
user profile

New Payments report page launched for deferred transactions

by News_Amazon

We are pleased to announce the launch of a new page in Seller Central that will make it easier to track payment reserve amounts at the individual order level. Starting September 20, the new Deferred transactions page will be live under Payment reports. The Deferred transactions page will list individual orders currently deferred, the corresponding amount(s), and the dates(s) when funds will become available for disbursement. If you receive invoiced orders, these will also appear on this page.

You will continue to see the total amount of funds held in reserve on your Statement view page, under the new “Deferred transactions” line item in your total balance. When funds are released for payment, the corresponding transactions will move to the Transaction view page. With the launch of deferred transactions, only transactions which have been disbursed will be included in the Settlement reports.

Note: If Delivery date reserve policies do not apply to you, you will not see any transactions on the Deferred transactions page.

For more information, go to What are deferred transactions.

Tags: News and Announcements
2.4K views
17 replies
17 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_4RRTjOpWG0qkj
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Why do you always indicate the news, but don’t add a direct link to the page you’re directing people?

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/payments/invoices?ref_=xx_invc_ttab_trans

With that said, I like this announcement, hopefully it’ll reduce the “I’ll sue Amazon for not paying me” threads

user profile
Seller_ZDGgATBGegBqy

I like this change. It will clarify what has already been happening.

There has been a multi-tier system for evaluating sellers - for as long as I can remember. Some trusted sellers get paid on time. Newbies or older sellers with a track record of irregularities have their money held while Amazon waits to see if they complete the sale correctly.

Most of us here, I trust, are in the former group, so this won’t affect us. It will affect the others, and give them clarity on exactly what they need to do to improve.

As the OP notes, it will “…make it easier to track payment reserve amounts at the individual order level.…” ( bolding mine )

This should improve the behavior of certain sellers who drag down the reputation of all of us. For those who don’t improve, it makes it easier for Amazon to be sure that they are never going to improve, and to suspend them sooner.

Yep, I definitely like this one.

user profile
Seller_LwUhSN3kUAXlg

Great idea, less great implementation and/or explanation. I see 2K in invoiced orders and 8K in deferred orders on my Payments dashboard. Drilling down to the new page, I see that the deferred orders are all invoiced orders (as expected). But all invoiced orders are deferred. It appears the 2K number is in my “funds available now” pile … except those funds aren’t available now, they’re available when Amazon releases them, and that’s supposed to be 30 days post-invoice, which is different than the 7 day payout cycle for regular funds (the “payment release dates” for derferred payments are in fact not on 7 day cycles, so I don’t think this word “now” means what you think it means). I have no more clarity than I did earlier. I don’t have to do the math myself to verify that Amazon is paying out invoiced orders when promised (assuming I can trust these new dates) … but I also can’t sanity-check everything that Amazon might mess up, which seems the primary reason I might want this info.

All of this would be a non-issue if Amazon hadn’t gone ahead and let buyers invoice payments, a “feature” I did not request, but one I can “opt out of” by giving Amazon even more of my money. Why not just decide to hold all funds 180 days unless we pay the “vig” to the bag man … “you wouldn’t want something to happen to your pretty little funds, would you, ya mook?” Giving me more, colored graphs to see exactly how I’m being extorted doesn’t make me much happier.

user profile
Seller_LwUhSN3kUAXlg

Did Amazon (yet again) sneak in a change of policy under the cover of an ostensibly different but related announcement? IIRC, invoiced orders were promised to be paid by Amazon – EVEN IF THE CUSTOMER DID NOT MAKE PAYMENT – 30 days post-ship. The new help doc linked to above now says this: "These transactions will be released after the customer completes their invoice payment, which typically occurs within 30-45 days after the order date. "

A) Do customers somehow now have 45 days to make payments? In some cases? Which cases? Does “typically” mean “and can be even later than that”??

B) Is Amazon now threatening to not release funds on product we have paid for and shipped and delivered as promised, with deferred payments we did not request and can’t opt out of, until and unless the buyer pays their invoice?

C) Doesn’t the TOS specify a minimum time frame for Amazon to announce changes in policy? Does Amazon believe that burying this change in a new help doc counts as proper notice even without the time frame consideration?

user profile
Seller_6sbP2UMK9rv90

This is a welcome move.

Now can we have a better system for tracking reversed reimbursements when items are ‘found’ in your warehouse.

The current system of NOT explaning where the item came from, and then claiming a reversed reimbursement from some random ‘return’ that was never actually returned, that has NOTHING to do with the ‘found’ item, and that was CORRECTLY reimbursed, is unacceptable.

Due to this complete lack of traceablity you have even claimed a reversed reimbursement TWICE from a transaction that was only reimbursed once… And when I dared to question it my case was dismissed.

That is UNACCEPTABLE.

user profile
Seller_RxTyqBmpWLFi1

All wonderful. I’m so glad they are implementing another change but not correcting existing problems. Especially when you bring the same problem to their attention over, and over, and over, and over, and over, again. Amazon - you rock!!!

user profile
Seller_uYKRFNCCZzkjD

I really don’t like invoice payments and it’s been almost a year since I had one. It will take 2 months to get paid according to the “New Report” (Aug. 3rd to Oct. 2nd).

I was wondering why that amount stayed on the Seller Central balance after my disbursement. It won’t be released until after Oct 2nd. My Goodness, I thought it was some type of reserve for a return. Amazon is good or explaining things AFTER the Fact or NOT at ALL!!!

user profile
Seller_nstkdGWZl0SW0

this whole system is a problem.

we are not a wholesaler and you force us to give terms in a business we are not in.

you will give us our money early on terms we do not want to participate in for a 1.5% fee

This is a perfect example of anti-competetive monopolistic behavior of Amazon.

user profile
Seller_aUbEyzlSSnsDJ

This is for the newbies. How about something important. Like we are fixing the Catalog. Or how about we are fixing the Catalog. Or something really helpful like fixing the Catalog.

user profile
Seller_uYKRFNCCZzkjD

AMEN…in regards to the CATALOG. It is so messed up. Especially the SEARCH… I can go to google and the item I searched for will pop to the top. Amazon will give you items that don’t match your search. I can’t even list media items on Amazon anymore because they require sections that should not be required for a dvd like color or part number. How MESSED up is that?

Go to original post