user profile
Sign in
user profile

SO AMAZON DONT FOLLOW THEIR OWN BUY SHIPPING POLICY?

by Seller_Q1zWpNLmGQka1

Could someone please help me understand, why Amazon Customer Service Reps lack the understanding of their own policies and procedures. I received an email stating that an A-Z claim has been granted because I shipped my item outside of my handling time, that's (INCORRECT!) might I add, and that my ODR will be affected.

My order cut off time for 0 handling time, applies to orders placed before 2pm Monday-Friday.

Order Details:

-Customer placed order: Friday, June 14, 2024 at (9:54pm), which automictically pushes ship by date to the next business day.

-Ship by date: Monday, June 17, 2024 to June 25, 2024

-Delivery Date: Friday June 21, 2024 to Tuesday June 25, 2024

TRACKING DETAILS SHOWS:

-Monday, June 17, 2024 at 8:59am-Carrier picked up package

-Tuesday, June 25, 2024 at 5:00pm-package delayed in transit.

After reading Amazon's BUY SHIPPING POLICY, I was under the impression that as long as we ship our packages on time, if there were any shipping related issues, Amazon covers the cost. Why am I being held responsible, when the delay is due to USPS. I was promised via BUY SHIPPING, that my shipment would arrive on time to my customer.

It appears that the claim reviewer did not thoroughly investigate this situation. I am requesting a reevaluation of the A-to-z claim. @Stevie_Amazon@Quincy_Amazon, could anyone of you assist?

Tags: A to Z Claims
19 replies
19 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw
In reply to: Seller_Q1zWpNLmGQka1's post

user profile
Seller_Q1zWpNLmGQka1
Show post

This is the tracking info that is posted when you create the label on Amazon (yes, it's very misleading; an outright lie, but it's what Amazon posts rather than "label created" or something more meaningful).

Since your first real scan was a day later, then it does indeed show that you did not ship on time. To be covered, you need to have a real scan that shows that you shipped by the promised date.

user profile
Seller_4zBzdtgCyS9EI

user profile
Seller_Q1zWpNLmGQka1
Show post

That's a scan sheet scan and does not count. The first scan that counts must be a "in possession" scan, such as "Package arrived at carrier facility"

user profile
Seller_4zBzdtgCyS9EI

user profile
Seller_qtcrOMsXAQy6A
Show post
USPS picked up item.

Does not count. They don't verify packages that are in the actual mail bag with the scan sheet that says they are in there. Amazon does not accept such scans towards Buy Shipping protection. It must be a scan for the individual package as proof that it was actually IN that mail bag.

The first scan is NOT accepted proof of shipment

10.18 is when I created the shipping label

2.58 is when the carrier scanned in the scan sheet

10.38 is when it actually went in the system as received.

user profile
Seller_roNdLQpqbVoOH

user profile
Seller_Q1zWpNLmGQka1
Show post

I know rules can differ by category, but it sure looks odd to see an order with a shipping window of 8 days.

user profile
Seller_Q1zWpNLmGQka1
Show post

-Delivery Date: Friday June 21, 2024 to Tuesday June 25, 2024

But this is the part that really confuses me. How can Amazon say that delivery must be between the 21st and the 25th when the last ship-by date isn't until the 25th?

Am I missing something?

user profile
Seller_LTNvvFJ2jqJOv
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_yKsH1VcZkLlOV

Well Amazon don't follow policies, and most sellers support from Amazon don't even know the policies but sellers should follow policies

user profile
Seller_cplkfl5z2dnv4

I agree with OP. Doesn't make any sense. should be covered. I just got hit with one that shows the package was delivered. I dropped the package off hours after the order was placed. how did it get granted in the buyers favor? makes zero sense and proves amazon does not follow their own policy and does not care about their sellers. I bet i lose the appeal too. insane.

user profile
Seller_GMDa6MxkJwkCv

Does the tracking show the carrier in possession of the package on Monday, June 17th? If the first scan was not on the 17th then this can be a problem. It's annoying when the carrier delays the first scan.

user profile
Seller_08TZq9sOIaGvv

"- Carrier picked up package "

That Is the data for when you print the label, not a valid carrier scan yet. It is a terribly confusing Amazon quirk. Careful when making labels, nothing is "automatic", even if it is 10PM, you MUST SELECT the NEXT DAY as ship date. It is my biggest headache, but I will VOID an entire load of labels to correct this mistake or I am NOT COVERED AT ALL. Just do it.

user profile
Seller_aEzr9PjpfpuxN

Please post the tacking number so we can see the day it was actually received by USPS.

When you create a label it will automatically show "package picked up b carrier" but that doesn't mean anything

You need to make sure your package was scanned on June 17th showing "package arrived at facility" if you have this on June 17th you should win the case

Go to original post