New Seller Community

452408 members
1975 discussions
You are not a member of this group
user profile

Adidas Regated.

by Seller_5sOCXkaZQFNhz
in New Seller Community group

I've been successfully selling Adidas products for several months now after being ungated for the brand. However, this morning I woke up to find that all of my inventory, which mainly consists of Adidas items, has been moved to stranded inventory. To relist these products, I now need to submit a new application for approval to sell Adidas. This sudden change has caught me off guard, and I'm now faced with accumulating storage fees while unable to sell my inventory. Despite reaching out to seller support for assistance, I was informed that they are unable to help as they are not responsible for the ungating process. This situation is causing significant financial losses with each passing day, and I'm left feeling frustrated and helpless.

Tags: Listing deactivated
23 replies
23 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_OvL8C4BJWiuS9
In reply to: Seller_5sOCXkaZQFNhz's post

Just like most brands, you need direct authorization to sell their brand as a 3rd part seller on a marketplace. Amazon approves you to sell assuming you have the documentation needed when they ask for it.

You will need a LOA from Adidas.

user profile
Seller_WRjaBqgmSQkH6

had the same thing happen to me as well. Wonder if its a glitch in the system. I noticed on alot of the listings 3/4 of the sellers were dropped off. Its just an assumption too but looks like it was sellers who were doing FBA.

Its just really random

user profile
Seller_3lF7cCa0OQn08

Same here! Woke up to hundreds of stranded ASIN's. Been selling Adidas for over a year with zero issues. Now they require approval. Resubmitted a recent invoice, hopefully it will be ok. Strangely Amazon CS knows nothing of the issue and offered no advice or information. I would have to imagine having hundreds of thousands of Adidas products that are not sellable would be a concern of Amazon.

user profile
Seller_3CHqqZQXdfqxA

I'm facing the same issue today with all my adidas products. Hopefully its just a glitch aand gets resolved without issue for everyone.

user profile
Seller_ENBrTBTSn3PDq

user profile
Seller_5sOCXkaZQFNhz
Show post
It's indeed puzzling why Amazon would initially ungated me to sell Adidas products without requiring a Letter of Authorization (LOA), only to then block me for not having one.

Indeed! This process is backwards. Amazon will let you sell (to earn your fee payments).

They assume you have a LOA and they have NO problem closing your listing until you provide one and deactivating your account if you don't.

Amazon can be a BEAST to reckon with, that's why it's so important to Review SELLER UNIVERSITY when you began and to READ the Forums on a regular basis as most sellers don't come here until there's a problem.

user profile
Seller_yLFYbWeVfKUTc

This also happened to me. I haven't been able to get any help either.

user profile
Danny_Amazon

Hello @Seller_5sOCXkaZQFNhz et all,

While I understand that this can be a frustrating experience, Amazon requires approval to sell in many categories, or for different brands and products, and in some instances restrictions and policies change.

While you may have been approved in the past, as the Amazon catalog grows, we continuously make new determinations on which products should be restricted, which is based on a number of factors. Amazon does this to ensure authenticity and customer satisfaction. At this time, the only way to be able to list these items is if there is an option to apply to sell through Seller Central. To do this, go to Catalog>Add a Product. Next find the ASIN you would like to sell and then apply to sell if there is an option. You can find a link to the policy here.

I appreciate your understanding!

user profile
Seller_yhFa0tWXXRYqr

did you get this resolved?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post