Seller Forums
Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_gjoWRrXHL0C2O

Inactive (out of stock)

I sent in about 14 items to Amazon and ive seen where it says inbound but nothing more. Beside my products is the box that says inactive (out of stock), am i being impatient and Amazon hasnt received my products yet or is there something im suppose to do for the items to become active?

2 replies
0 replies
user profile
Seller_i3DcETKK41A76

There is nothing for you to do. If tracking shows delivered, you need to wait for them to get around to it. Once units are staged and ready for shipment to buyers then the listing will be made active automatically.

It can be days before items are ready after Amazon receives your shipment. You should follow the process steps below so you can track and better understand how FBA inventory is handled once you ship it. This is discussed in detail in the FBA help pages, but I will summarize the process for you here.

1. Amazon receives your shipment:
      – This means the packages have arrived but are waiting to be opened and processed. Depending on the location and time of year, delivered inventory can take a day or up to a week before going to the next step.
    1. Amazon accepts your shipment units:
      – Amazon will finally process your shipment. They will open and scan all the units; receiving against the shipping plan you created for it. This process usually takes only a few minutes to an hour or so depending on the volume of units in the shipment. You can use the Manage FBA Shipments section to verify what was accepted. Simply click the ‘Track Shipment’ button found to the right of the shipment in question. Then click the ‘Shipping Contents’ link to verify Amazon accepted all the units you stated were shipped.
    1. Inventory goes into ‘Reserved’ status:
      – After inventory is scanned and accepted, the inventory then needs to be staged. You did not ship to dozens of warehouses, so Amazon will disperse your inventory across their warehouse network. This allows Amazon to ship to buyers more quickly and at less cost to them. Amazon internally reships these units and depending on the distance, units can take upwards of a week before reaching the final destination. The Amazon Fulfilled Inventory page is where you will track unit status. This will show you unit counts for inbound shipments you have shipped to Amazon (inbound), units that are accepted but not yet ready for shipment to buyers (reserved), units ready for sale (active), and units deemed unable to be sold; usually due to returns (Unfullfillable).
      NOTE: It is not uncommon to have units be double counted here. Do not worry, it will all work itself out in the next step.
    1. Inventory becomes active:
      – As soon as your units are received at the final warehouse destinations and placed in the warehouse, those units will automatically move from ‘reserved’ to ‘active’ and this act will automatically activate your listing in ‘Manage Inventory’. Usually after a few business days of accepting and receiving your units, you will start to see some units become available and your listing will be made active.
      You may want to use the following help page to better understand the process in more depth, but it is 100% normal for it to take time after Amazon receives your shipments for your items to be made active. As Amazon is handling your inventory, your offers active status will be handled by Amazon exclusively. There is nothing for you to manage when it comes to FBA inventory.
  • Seller University: Fulfillment by Amazon

user profile
Seller_gjoWRrXHL0C2O

Thank you! That was very informative.

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_gjoWRrXHL0C2O

Inactive (out of stock)

I sent in about 14 items to Amazon and ive seen where it says inbound but nothing more. Beside my products is the box that says inactive (out of stock), am i being impatient and Amazon hasnt received my products yet or is there something im suppose to do for the items to become active?

2 replies
user profile

Inactive (out of stock)

by Seller_gjoWRrXHL0C2O

Tags:Buy Box
2 replies
0 replies
0 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_i3DcETKK41A76

There is nothing for you to do. If tracking shows delivered, you need to wait for them to get around to it. Once units are staged and ready for shipment to buyers then the listing will be made active automatically.

It can be days before items are ready after Amazon receives your shipment. You should follow the process steps below so you can track and better understand how FBA inventory is handled once you ship it. This is discussed in detail in the FBA help pages, but I will summarize the process for you here.

– This means the packages have arrived but are waiting to be opened and processed. Depending on the location and time of year, delivered inventory can take a day or up to a week before going to the next step.
      – Amazon will finally process your shipment. They will open and scan all the units; receiving against the shipping plan you created for it. This process usually takes only a few minutes to an hour or so depending on the volume of units in the shipment. You can use the Manage FBA Shipments section to verify what was accepted. Simply click the ‘Track Shipment’ button found to the right of the shipment in question. Then click the ‘Shipping Contents’ link to verify Amazon accepted all the units you stated were shipped.
      – After inventory is scanned and accepted, the inventory then needs to be staged. You did not ship to dozens of warehouses, so Amazon will disperse your inventory across their warehouse network. This allows Amazon to ship to buyers more quickly and at less cost to them. Amazon internally reships these units and depending on the distance, units can take upwards of a week before reaching the final destination. The Amazon Fulfilled Inventory page is where you will track unit status. This will show you unit counts for inbound shipments you have shipped to Amazon (inbound), units that are accepted but not yet ready for shipment to buyers (reserved), units ready for sale (active), and units deemed unable to be sold; usually due to returns (Unfullfillable).
      NOTE: It is not uncommon to have units be double counted here. Do not worry, it will all work itself out in the next step.
      – As soon as your units are received at the final warehouse destinations and placed in the warehouse, those units will automatically move from ‘reserved’ to ‘active’ and this act will automatically activate your listing in ‘Manage Inventory’. Usually after a few business days of accepting and receiving your units, you will start to see some units become available and your listing will be made active.
      You may want to use the following help page to better understand the process in more depth, but it is 100% normal for it to take time after Amazon receives your shipments for your items to be made active. As Amazon is handling your inventory, your offers active status will be handled by Amazon exclusively. There is nothing for you to manage when it comes to FBA inventory.

user profile
Seller_gjoWRrXHL0C2O

user profile
Seller_i3DcETKK41A76

user profile
Seller_i3DcETKK41A76

user profile
Seller_gjoWRrXHL0C2O

user profile
Seller_gjoWRrXHL0C2O