user profile
Sign in
user profile

Not able to sell on Amazon - Am I missing something?

by Seller_XcNnz4lXcumFm

I have listed my item on amazon for over a month. Not even a single sell and wondering if my listing is getting any visibility. What am i doing wrong? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BYWCYYBM

Tags: Add a product
19 replies
19 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_rI7BZIczK8iAC
In reply to: Seller_XcNnz4lXcumFm's post

If I search the ASIN on .com it shows up and is available. But if I search "USB Charging Cable Converter" there are more than 10'000 results. So, very high competition. Also you wrote incorrectly Iphone instead of iPhone.

user profile
Seller_kIukTwdhvntAp

@Brigitte is correct about it being a flooded market.

I have to ask if you did ANY FBM test selling at all to see if there is even a market at your price point BEFORE you jumped into the deep end of the pool.

Since it's 'generic' I'm honestly surprised the pirate sellers haven't jumped in at half your price already.

I hope you don't have a couple thousand sitting there since the storage costs are going to eat you alive even with a small package like that.

user profile
Seller_aV1Bh32hE0KND

The listing is not coming up in a search because it hasn’t been assigned a Category or Best Sellers Rank.

If you look at other listings, you will see...

Without having a category assigned, the listing will not show up in an organic search.

Here are some help pages to review:

Sales Rank FAQ

Change a product’s category - Self-Service Tool

If the Self-Service Tool does not work, you can open a case with Seller Support and ask them why no Featured categories/special browse nodes have been assigned to the listing.

You can also view:

Optimize your product discoverability

Use Search Terms effectively

user profile
Seller_pPJq5hFWVCV7P

As what has already been mentioned, add the following to your requirements before your first sale.

To maximize sales on Amazon, follow these steps:

(1) Product Selection: Conduct thorough market research and choose products with high demand, low competition, and good profit margins. Consider the potential challenges and initial losses before expecting significant returns. This is not such a product. With yours, you have Medium Demand, Hyper Sonic Competition with rock bottom profit margins. You will see most of your competitors are selling this as a "Loss Leader" for the opportunity to promote other products on Amazon when a Buyer visits their store.

(2) Product Listing Optimization: Create compelling and informative product listings with high-quality images, persuasive descriptions, and optimized keywords. Engage potential buyers by including customer avatar photos, lifestyle images, infographics, and detailed descriptions.

(3) Competitive Pricing: Set competitive prices that attract customers while ensuring profitability. Consider factors like product costs, Amazon fees, and competitor pricing. Evaluate the return on investment after considering all expenses. You will find this is not the right product unless you have other products to go with it or you are very well funded at a Minimal $10,000, and I'm probably way under the actual cost of what you will need before you make +$1 ROI

(4) Positive Customer Reviews: Aim to generate at least 100 sales to obtain two customer ratings and one customer review. Acquiring reviews can be challenging, as many buyers must actively leave feedback and are burned out with doing that. But it would help if you had reviews to make any actual sales of your product.

(5) Amazon SEO: Optimize your product listings for search engines within Amazon. Incorporate relevant keywords in titles, bullet points, and descriptions to improve organic search rankings. Effective SEO strategies are crucial for achieving higher visibility.

(6) Brand Registered: Register your brand on Amazon to unlock additional opportunities and advantages. A brand registry provides access to features like A+ (EBC), Brand Story, and Premium A+. Utilize these features to enhance your product listings with more visuals, detailed descriptions, and SEO-rich content.

(7) Amazon Advertising: After completing steps 1-6, consider utilizing Amazon's advertising platform, starting with Sponsored Product Ads. Create targeted ad campaigns to promote your products and increase visibility. However, ensure that you have completed the preceding steps before investing in advertising. If you decide to advertise without (1) through (6), you should expect no sales and a hole burned in your wallet/purse where actual money once was

(8) External Marketing: Promote your Amazon listings through external marketing channels such as social media, email marketing, influencer collaborations, and ads on other platforms. Utilize Amazon Attribution to earn referral fees and improve your Best Seller Rank (BSR) for greater visibility on Amazon.

Remember that success on Amazon requires ongoing effort, adaptability, and continuous optimization. Stay informed about the latest trends and changes on the platform to increase your chances of attaining maximum sales.

Best of luck, but please be aware that implementing the abovementioned changes is crucial for your success; without doing it expect complete failure selling this product "AS IS," which you have already experienced.

user profile
Seller_BeWo5Xt3t43rn

Depends on your business model! I sell media items that either sell within hours of listing them or are long-tail items that sit for a decade or more before selling! Your item is in a very crowded market and would do better if sold as a bundle with a charger perhaps but you should follow the suggestions on fixing your listing and optimizing search results, not necessarily AMAZON search either as many buyers will be searching GOOGLE instead of relying on AMAZON's defective search.

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

Successful selling on Amazon is based on some really simple premises.

1. Sell only product that buyers want and need. Now there is a problem with your selected product. Buyers want and need your product, but there are thousands of other sellers who have the same idea. That makes your specific product listing totally unseen.

Now Amazon will tell you to buy some advertising. Don't, it will not help separate you from the other sellers.

2. Selling a product and using the word Generic as a brand is rather foolish. Generic is not a brand, it is a word that means similar to the real thing, but not the real thing. Now what does that say about your product. It tells the buyer your product is not the real thing but a copy or knockoff. Sort of a poor way to start a business.

Do you know how retailers work with generic manufacturers? The products you are talking about are made specifically with no brand name on them, (Generic). They are made for retail stores, like you, to purchase and place their own name/brand on them. This can either be done at the factory or done in your own place of business with a Pad Stamper.

Here is an example. Walmart and Target each purchase 10,000 of the same generic product from the manufacturer. They come with no UPC. When received, Walmart places its GS1 UPC on their shipment, and Target does the same. When the items are scanned at Walmart and/or Target, everything works just fine and the single unit is deducted from inventory. NOW…When the Walmart buyer tries to return the same item to Target to get a larger refund, the product is rejected as not being sold by Target.

3. Your title is spammed so bad, the Amazon Search Engine will not pick it up.

Nobody got up today and said to themselves, Today I will buy a 7-in-1. Nobody got up today and said to themselves, Today I will buy some Lightning. And to make it worse, USB is used 3 times. You tried to place everything stated in the ABOUT THIS PRODUCT, in your title. Not the way to go.

The shortest and most effective titles are 3-5 words only. No fluff, no repeat words, just right to the point.

Example: UNIVERSAL CHARGING CABLE CONVERTER KIT Then Amazon will add the BY LINE, R Quality (Your brand name) Not sure that is a good brand name because when companies use the word QUALITY. the product usually isn't. But you should get the idea.

With a set-up like in the example, buyers will be encouraged to at least open your listing to see what all is contained. That is where you go into the details.

user profile
Seller_p4aHGJV2iziFh

Do you even have permission from the manufacturer to sell these products online?

user profile
Seller_esNSnIqfVydck

You are simply thinking item can be sell out just put on amazon, you never know your competers cost months time learning how to sell on amazon and cost lots of money to test items then get not bad selling.

user profile
Seller_fLllNm0KaA4LP

Your listing looks like a used product. Photography needs a lot of work. Look at ASIN B09NSKJYX6 for how a good listing for the same product should look. You need to create all of your own pictures in that same quality. Once you do that you need to work on the bullet points and description.

user profile
Seller_nd8NAsSHObEXq

Sometimes I sell a used book that I've had in stock for 15 or 20 years. Just sayin

Go to original post