user profile
Sign in
user profile

Update on the sale of pesticide products within California

by News_Amazon

In addition to federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requirements on the sale of pesticides in the United States, further requirements apply for sales on certain pesticide products at the state level. The California Department of Pesticide Regulation (CDPR) requires registration of certain pesticides sold in the state of California.

Amazon checks all pesticide products to confirm whether they are registered in the state of California according to the CDPR requirements. Pesticide products requiring registration that are not active in the CDPR database cannot be sold into California.

Note: This restriction will not remove the products from sale in the Amazon store, but it does mean that the product will not be available for sale into California until it is registered with the CDPR.

For details on how to register products with the CDPR, see the CDPR guide for pesticide registrants.

In addition, the State of California collects a Mill Assessment fee on the sale of registered pesticides. For sales of registered pesticides into the state of California, you may be required to pay the Mill Assessment to the CDPR. Please work with your tax or regulatory advisor or contact the CDPR directly for more information. For more details on calculating and paying the Mill Assessment, see the CDPR Mill Assessment frequently asked questions.

For more information on the requirements for selling pesticides in both California and the United States, see California Department of Pesticide Regulation (CDPR).

Tags: News and Announcements
2.4K views
12 replies
12 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_JSkKTxOgzk1ON
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

So its not really a punishment, more like a bonus!

You get to avoid any of that California Mill Assessment fee garbage.

Hmmm, I wonder if I can trigger all my products into the pesticide bot. Then I don’t have to have any sales in California.

user profile
Seller_i82wV4v2ctjvG
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_wmznS36nDgFg4
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_TbMB63rAyNExD

Does this apply to EPA registered Steam Mops?

user profile
Seller_nstkdGWZl0SW0

I wish Amazon would spend as much time lobbying to get bad laws like the ones referenced here as they do on getting taxpayer funded handouts.

user profile
Seller_awJTjFnJZyDgf

Is mayonnaise a pesticide?

user profile
Seller_T5Mv3ZCUSh7Zl

The Mill Assessment is sort of a royal pain and California will come after you for non-payment, even if you are NOT in California. There is a quarterly report and payment that you must file. Hopefully Amazon will make a simple tool to create a Report that gives ASIN and ship to by State that is simpler than the monkey business they have at the moment.

The rest of it should have been a no brainer, every pesticide must be registered with the EPA and each individual State. So to Sell a Pesticide on Amazon you already should have 51 registrations for each product (this isn’t cheap).

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post