user profile
Sign in
user profile

How do we opt out of this annoyinng new 2 Step Verification?

by Seller_1WMmYNbN59LR0

Small independent seller here. I leave my Amazon orders page up and open on my desktop all day to keep on top of orders. Of course, Amazon logs me out after inactivity. And their email notifications are slow. So if I want to stay on top of orders and messages, I have to keep logging back in. It used to be quick and easy, one click with my computer remembering the login.

Now 2 step verification. More steps. And often my phone is not right beside me so I have to leave my desk area and go up and down house levels to go retrieve my phone. I am starting to lose so much time this way.

How do we opt out of this “brilliant new improvement“ feature?

Tags: Verification
13 replies
13 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw
In reply to: Seller_1WMmYNbN59LR0's post

You can't.

Amazon stated a couple of months back that OTP would be required on every log-in; took them a while to roll out universally, but once you get it, you're stuck. Clicking the meaningless "Don't require OTP on this browser" does nothing.

Yeah, it's a pain.

user profile
Seller_8aM8GR4vMHmmi

I have a Mac and iPhone, don't know if it applies or can be done via windows/etc but I have it where my phone messages show up on my computer so when it asks for the OTP it just pops up on my computer, still annoying but only takes a few seconds. I was wondering about that too (turning it off) but sounds like we can't.

user profile
Seller_HjfyVYcuJdbTf

Every time I open a new window, it requires us to enter OTP. I click "Do not require next time" and "stay signed in". It doesn't matter.

I've tried several solutions (different browsers, clearing cookies, making sure cookies save, clearing OTP saves in Amazon, different locations, different computers, etc.).

Nothing has stopped it.

We need a solution. Hopefully support will have ideas!

user profile
Seller_IZ5lvEic6oGAx

For me, it only seems to require it about once a week if I stick to the same computer and never try to access my Amazon account on other devices.

But I agree it's annoying.

user profile
Seller_zreah7Tiyr813

This is how to disable the 2 step verification:

In the Seller App, click on Settings (the wheel in upper right side of page)

Scroll down to the 4th option which is Login Settings

Scroll down to the 6th option which is 2 Step Verification

Click DISABLE

It is now disabled

user profile
Seller_HP0CuTSNvJvu9

Remembering your login state requires cookies. If you're taking any privacy measures on your browser it won't remember you.

Regardless of the inconvenience, do NOT keep going on without 2FA. We're at a point now where there are libraries full of hashed passwords and even if you're the only one to use yours and you think it's unique enough...there can be someone running that string of characters through the hashing algorithm with GPUs right now just waiting for a hashed password leak.

Also, Amazon is one of the hottest phishing targets out there, and all it takes is a tired morning to sign into the wrong place.

user profile
Seller_TDbWayCWaB52Y

Try deleting your Amazon cookies. Then log back in and select the "Don't require OTP on this browser" option before you hit Enter.

user profile
Seller_04rJKcGksfqqw

I know how to opt out.

First go into your account and make a tab while in your account.

Always go into that tab instead of logging in. Don't log out of your account unless you want to secure it and go through the two step process.

user profile
Seller_9jYZMo2jvtfO1

You can not unfortunately. Amazon shows steps to remove the two step but it will only ask to redo it.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post