user profile
Sign in
user profile

Product Authenticity Customer Complaints

by Seller_ZgBdTBtGNIYaJ

We are a not-for-profit used bookstore run by volunteers in support of our local library. All of our books are donated. A buyer thought we had purposely sent him the wrong book. We contacted him, refunded his money, and told him to keep the book. He was satisfied with our resolution but as he had already checked the inauthentic box, the problem remained.

We cannot provide Amazon with an invoice from our supplier as all of our books are donated. We sent all of the information Amazon required to explain our situation including a copy of the donor receipt. The buyer contacted buyer support and was told our account was not inactivated. However, our account is still inactive. Someone, please help us.

Tags: Deactivated
23 replies
23 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_MyXY4Myx9zVcR
In reply to: Seller_ZgBdTBtGNIYaJ's post

Please start a case, and tag a mod to help you.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/78425f0b-5614-4d49-a206-86304b75cf80?postId=82e1855b-5c89-4d28-849e-9fd273bf3025

Please read my reply to Troy from Amazon from not long ago, to which he never replied:

"...explaining why you have not made any new orders for the product within the required date range."

Troy, OP is selling out-of-print books, not shampoo.

"New orders" for repeat sales of OOP books are quite uncommon.

Booksellers get their stock from auctions, library sales, estate sales, garage sales, rummage sales, etc.

There is no steady supply or the ability to order up OOP books.

I sold a first printing of "Dune" for 4 figures several years ago. I'd love to order a few dozen more, but I have not seen a copy of that book since then.

Bookselling is very different from selling widgets, and Amazon booksellers should not be held to strict limits involving invoices.

user profile
Seller_4K7eqIN4GuF2E

[Moderator Edit: removed off-topic commentary]

user profile
Stevie_Amazon

Hi there @Seller_ZgBdTBtGNIYaJ,

Thank you for utilizing the seller forums. I do apologize for the time it has taken the moderating team and I to engage with you here; your patience is greatly appreciated.

user profile
Seller_ZgBdTBtGNIYaJ
Show post
We are a not-for-profit used bookstore run by volunteers in support of our local library. All of our books are donated. A buyer thought we had purposely sent him the wrong book. We contacted him, refunded his money, and told him to keep the book. He was satisfied with our resolution but as he had already checked the inauthentic box, the problem remained.

I understand you have recently received a product authenticity complaint and are working toward addressing the violation.

Buyers come to Amazon with confidence and trust, knowing they can purchase and receive authentic products. In addition to appealing accurately to customers, it is also important to obtain and keep responsible sourcing documentation in order to prove the authenticity of the items you list for sale here. Listed below are the requirements for sourcing documentation request:

• Copies of invoices, receipts or other similar documents that demonstrate where your products are produced or manufactured

These documents:

• Should reflect the sales volume of your product across all Amazon marketplaces in the last 365 days
  • Should demonstrate your product’s full supply chain
  • Should include contact information for the supplier(s) and the original manufacturer. We may contact suppliers or manufacturers to verify the documents
  • Your documents should be able to trace your products to the original manufacturer even if you did not purchase them directly from the original manufacturer. This may require requesting additional invoices or supply chain documentation from your supplier if you are not sourcing directly from the manufacturer.
  • You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible to enable adequate review of the documents you provide. For ease of our review, you may highlight or circle the ASIN(s) under review.

It is also required of all sellers to comply with local, state, and federal laws in addition to Amazon policy. As a seller, you are responsible for ensuring that the products you sell on Amazon comply with all applicable laws and regulations are authorized for sale or re-sale and that they do not violate intellectual property rights such as copyrights, patents, trademarks, and rights of publicity. Even when unknowingly infringing upon someone's intellectual property, Amazon will takes steps to remove the listing until the issue is addressed.

Over all, the supply chain of your scenario will not be verifiable here. Without the appropriate documentation, it is incredibly difficult for Amazon to verify the exact origin of the product. While I do understand how you acquire your books, it is also important to understand the reason for the violation and the next steps for addressing it.

If applicable - how do you verify the authenticity of your products prior to offering them for sale on Amazon? A best practice is to take time to check the products you source before you sell them to ensure that the product and all associated parts work as expected and are free of any damage. If you sell branded products on Amazon, ensure that you source the product(s) from a reliable supplier.

I also suggest considering what aspect of your product or the listing itself could have contributed the customer's experience? Is there anything you can do to prevent these types of complaints as you move forward?

You are able to remove the listing and agree to no longer offering the product for sale, as a means of removing its impact from your account health rating.

If you have questions please do not hesitate to further utilize this thread, as the Forums community and I are here to support you.

All the best,

Stevie

user profile
Seller_HRcJa1gdGHeov

[Moderator Edit: removed off-topic commentary]

user profile
Seller_FslthAWkumyZV

same thing happened to me .

user profile
Seller_BeWo5Xt3t43rn

There are inauthentic books donated to thrift stores and other venues. One library sale I went to out of state had paperbacks with the covers torn off for sale! This is a clear violation as they are reported to the publisher as destroyed! Since we have a number of H-1 visa holders locally it is not uncommon to see Indian produced textbooks that can not legally be sold in USA as they are licensed only for the Indian market. DVDs can get you in trouble too as someone could donate one that is only licensed for sale in a foreign country! I think the knowledge base of volunteers is too limited to reliably sell on AMAZON AND FEEL YOU SHOULD RESTRICT YOUR SALES TO LOCAL LIBRARY SALES ONLY!

user profile
Seller_LozVbcNSprfMf

Amazon should have been wise at this rime to activate this account. The Buyer has been fully refunded. The buyer just needs to destroy the book by shredding it or any other mean to take it out of the circulation/cannot be used forever.

user profile
Seller_kmRhEEJyqRIrB

Amazon is quite the headache of a platform when it comes to defending sellers. I Don't think you will find the resolution you will be looking for as this is from a seller who's been selling here for years.

user profile
Seller_HRcJa1gdGHeov

[Moderator Edit: removed inappropriate commentary]

user profile
LeviDylan_Amazon

Hello @Seller_ZgBdTBtGNIYaJ,

Thank you for continuing to utilize this thread about this topic.

user profile
Seller_ZgBdTBtGNIYaJ
Show post
Is there someone in a position to read my explanation? All I ever get is a standard reply.

My goal is to give you further assistance. I would like to forward your information to continue researching this matter further. Please continue to post any relevant information in relation to this topic, such as a case ID or performance notification received, so it can be addressed and forwarded as well.

Wishing you the best,

LeviDylan

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post