user profile
Sign in
user profile

Alternatives to Uline for book size cardboard mailers

by Seller_l06MFvrXkevNF

I’ve posted this a couple of times before over the last decade or so and have never found a viable alternative to Uline. I don’t want to get into specifics, but I really REALLY want to stop using them as my primary supplier.

The type of item I can’t find anywhere else at an affordable price is Uline’s 11 3⁄4 x 10 3⁄4 x 2 1⁄4" White Literature Mailer which currently sells for 54 cents per box. I’m grandfathered into Uline’s free shipping at $300 so 54 cents is all I pay.

I’m not tied into the specific dimensions above. I just need something in the general ballpark of a length and width between 11" and 13" and a thickness ranging from 2" to 3".

To not waste anyone’s time, please don’t suggest Walmart or Staples. Please don’t suggest bubble mailers. I use cardboard for my shipping. Also, unless someone knows of a specific seller on ebay that won’t help either. I already use Multi-D book folds manufactured in PA which are getting more and more expensive each year with rising shipping costs. Also, most local box makers aren’t viable because I can’t buy a whole pallet of these boxes. I typically buy 200-300 boxes at a time and no local manufacturer I know is going to sell me that low of a quantity at a price near 54 cents each.

If someone does know of a local company in northern New England that might defy all these odds I’d love to hear more. I live in southern NH, but I’d be willing to travel to VT, southern ME or most of Massachusetts if it meant I could get regular access to an affordable supplier.

And of course, if someone knows of an online retailer that sells this kind of item at a competitive price I’d love to hear it.

Thanks to all - but I won’t hold my breath since, again, this is a question I’ve asked repeatedly over the years with no luck.

Tags: Buy Box, Pricing
77 replies
77 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_mWZyJunCxCR84
In reply to: Seller_l06MFvrXkevNF's post

If you live anywhere near a big city, there should be at least one package/shipping supply company in that town that supplies local businesses. You can easily find Box manufacturers in your state or nearby states, you can call them and ask if they sell to a distributor in your area.

user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl

Good luck with your search. The semi-local company I have been buying from for years has recently started dropping an alarming number of cardboard sheets and folding mailers from their catalog – items that I use occasionally and have always stocked.

user profile
Seller_hXiz9WEBcgZSC

I use Multi-D boxes from IPS Innovations. They are the best for books. I pay to ship them across the country to the other side of the continent in Canada because they are so good.

user profile
Seller_Wun3v7a8dXJDQ

If you use large quantities of a specific size box (1000’s per month) then you can order them directly from the box manufacturers and it’s much cheaper than Uline or any other supplier. If you use smaller quantities then Uline is probably your best bet. Staples business advantage program offers more sizes for boxes than the standard Staples website but it still doesn’t compare to Uline.

user profile
Seller_tnAWufp9IH3Mc

PackagingPrice.com

Cheaper and offers rewards

user profile
Seller_ujScHTwvcsrwf

i am also looking for alternatives to Uline…thanks for posting!!

check out paper mart…found products i could use there…just wish they were down the street like Uline…

user profile
Seller_Zo6ERupiwTF7D

I use Upaknship for my rigid cardboard mailers. They have a variety of sizes and they were way cheaper than uline.

user profile
Seller_hMsB9WrBFms2e

The boxery.com is by far the best out there!

user profile
Seller_V5NkLdOFY42vQ

I use corrugated cardboard sheets with poly mailers. Works for me and I’ve never had any complaints.

user profile
Seller_wk6B8kLUR0ymX

Go to ULine directly and get the box of your desire dimension. Thanks

Go to original post