user profile
Sign in
user profile

ALL FBA shipments suspended until April 5th

by Seller_lLkSD5pme4e7u

Amazon has suspended FBA shipment creation until April 5th. (unless you sell virus lockdown supplies).

See “US Announcements” in the seller forum.
Here is the cut and paste…

We are closely monitoring the developments of COVID-19 and its impact on our customers, selling partners, and employees.

We are seeing increased online shopping, and as a result some products such as household staples and medical supplies are out of stock. With this in mind, we are temporarily prioritizing household staples, medical supplies, and other high-demand products coming into our fulfillment centers so that we can more quickly receive, restock, and deliver these products to customers.

For products other than these, we have temporarily disabled shipment creation. We are taking a similar approach with retail vendors.

This will be in effect today through April 5, 2020, and we will let you know once we resume regular operations. Shipments created before today will be received at fulfillment centers.

You can learn more about this on this Help page . Please note that Selling Partner Support does not have further guidance.

We understand this is a change to your business, and we did not take this decision lightly. We are working around the clock to increase capacity and yesterday announced that we are opening 100,000 new full- and part-time positions in our fulfillment centers across the US.

We appreciate your understanding as we prioritize the above products for our customers.

Thank you for your patience, and for participating in FBA.

Tags: FBA, Fulfillment, Fulfillment center, INR (item not received), Lost shipment, USPS
2.4K views
51 replies
51 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_lYLz1roOGTQRE
In reply to: Seller_lLkSD5pme4e7u's post

Hmmm. That is at least a 3-week pause in restocking FBA inventory. Notice that they do not say shipments will resume on April 5, but that they will let us know when they start accepting shipments again. That can hurt some sellers. It looks like people in some categories will have to ship FBM for the foreseeable future.

I sell in the Grocery category, which is a household staple, so I should still be able to send shipments. And “high demand” is right – my sales are up over 1,000% over the same week last year.

user profile
Seller_p8csEdpf5CXnE

We can still do seller fulfilled prime, is that correct?

user profile
Seller_lYLz1roOGTQRE

From the help page:

What products am I able to ship to FBA?

We are prioritizing household staples, medical supplies, and other high-demand products coming into our fulfillment centers so that we can more quickly receive, restock, and deliver these products to customers. Most of the products we are accepting at this time are in the below categories.

1. Baby Products
2. Health & Household
3. Beauty & Personal Care (including personal care appliances)
4. Grocery
5. Industrial & Scientific
6. Pet Supplies

These categories encompass a huge swath of products, so many sellers will not be effected. However I note that they do not say that all products within these categories will be accepted, just that most products being accepted are in them.

user profile
Seller_g0Sl14BRVr41v

In the mean time my bestsellers will run out of stock and fall off the ranking spot they currently have. By the time I can ship and restock it will be around a month from now.

user profile
Seller_Z6xPEdYa7XZxm

Cut-off date is March 17th for the shipment to be created…

as soon as the announcment was made about 10 million Chinese sellers were creating shipping plans today

That’s why I received this wonderful message:

Inbound Performance Alert – Shipment. Your shipment abilities have been temporarily suspended because of repeated problems. You can reinstate your ability to create or modify shipments only after reviewing and acknowledging the problem(s).

I guess the “repeated problems” consisted of me trying to get a bit of bandwidth from the hordes of China sellers

user profile
Seller_T4hs5pnyfMpor

Is this true or false? No official announcement

user profile
Seller_t1hGD20jxYKZd

I have noticed the same issue when trying to create a shipment into UK / EU today 17/03/2020. Cant find any news announcements? any advise appreciated (apols if I have missed an announcement) Thanks

user profile
Seller_Mie78Xot3l5RL

My first experience of a global crisis in business. It is a tough one. While some are spiking high, some will have a boom drop. Im sitting with my stationery and office supplies for days. No orders. What a painful lesson to learn…

user profile
Seller_ZDGgATBGegBqy

Translation: We are not going to let seller support bungle this too.

IMHO, it is a good sign when somebody at one Amazon silo finally publicly admits that seller support cannot be trusted with relaying important information.

user profile
Seller_6NuOdERlGvmOT
Go to original post