user profile
Sign in
user profile

Removal of Amazon’s generic size charts

by News_Amazon

In May, we are removing Amazon’s generic size charts from product detail pages on Amazon.com and replacing them with brand-specific size charts. If you are a Brand Registered Seller, we recommend that you contact Seller Support to create a brand-specific size chart for each Product Type. Brand-specific size charts provide detailed measurement information for customers to ensure a product will fit. This will improve the customer experience and help reduce size-related returns. Refer to Brand-specific size charts for instructions on how to create and upload a brand-specific size chart.

Tags: News and Announcements
6.2K views
26 replies
26 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_1EskFdm7jscEo
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Okay.
Did you send an e-mail to all Brand Owners notifying them of this change and what they need to do?
You didn’t just make one topic in the Amazon Sellers Forum and think that is enough notification to Brand Sellers, right?
You did send all Brand Sellers an e-mail, right?

Please come back to this topic you created and answer my question, thank you.

user profile
Seller_k2Kp1RVfLot3N

It’s great news that the Amazon generic size charts will be gone.
But what about those of us who sell manufacturer’s products and are not brand registered? Amazon sells some of the brands we carry (though not the same specific items). Is Amazon going to upload size charts for these brands? And can we use them ourselves?
Can we upload a photo of the size charts that are provided by the national manufacturer of these brands?

user profile
Seller_1EskFdm7jscEo

Here is how I think of it. The human body is a fixed form.
To have clothes fit we measure the human body.
Measurements Fields of the human body are for example
Back of neck to waist
Hips
Bust/Chest
Waist to finish hem
Inseam

We don’t have different Measurements Fields of the human body, for a short woman or a tall man for example, a short woman or tall man still has body measurements of
Back of neck to waist
Hips
Bust/Chest
Waist to finish hem
Inseam

The variable is NOT the Measurement Fields of the body those are constants, the variable is the Fit of the clothing, so buyers can quickly focus in on their body type.

It’s difficult, I’m trying to describe in conversational words concepts of database design and computer programming. A column in a spreadsheet in practice on the back end, becomes a field in a database.

user profile
Seller_AREiDwk1ZWlcu

I sell sweaters. Some are cropped and hip length. Some are thigh-length jackets. Others are long sweater coats. But since all of those would be women’s sweaters, they would all share the same chart. I’m not sure what problem Amazon was trying to solve here, but they definitely didn’t solve the size chart problem.

I have been here before, and by developing our own sizing charts we saved ourselves a ton of customer service inquiries. I have no desire to move backwards. Must I participate in this program, or can I simply continue providing sizing charts with JPGs? I prefer not to put up standardized information that will confuse my customers.

user profile
Seller_kcJOTqZRtMAYX

Could this new format be useful for products like jewelry? My products receive a high number of returns saying the product is larger then they thought it would be, even though I clearly detail the size in my listing with images.

user profile
Seller_qQQOWyRLJ8vh7

I personally am happy about this change. It would just be great if customers actually measured their bodys, especially women. I think most women think that their bra size is their bust measurement. This is not true, a 34A does not measure the same as a 34D. I know we don’t have any control over what the customers use for their measurement criteria but possibly a suggestion that they would get a more accurate fit if they actually measured their body instead of ordering the same size as they always do would be helpful. I personally can wear anywhere from an XS to and XL depending on the manufacturer and the country of origin. Also as others have commented about the fit of the garment. Tight to some is loose to others but having a column describing fit next to the measurements I think would be very helpful. I also wish it was easier for customers to figure out how to contact the seller for help. I have almost no returns on etsy over size but I get questions from many customers about the fit and when I can help them get the right size up front it makes much happier customers and far fewer returns. They seem to really appreciate the detailed personalized attention I give to my customers. Might not be practical for some sellers but for me it makes a huge difference in returns. Just some observations I have made over the last 15 years of selling here.

user profile
Seller_TfFFd4Y5R7wgV

This does not appear to be available for Handmade. Is that correct?

user profile
Seller_k28EEDI5FyztT

This is GREAT NEWS! THANK YOU! This has been a huge struggle for our brand while we wait for our trademark to be completed in order to join the registry, so THANK YOU for changing this!

user profile
Seller_7r0k1hcIbWr7K

Thank you for warning us in advance. Has a specific date in May that this will occur been determined yet?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post