Seller Forums
Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_0sQPLmT7HMlmz

Does anyone also have their own website?

I am interested in starting my own site but I’m confused about all the different website builders out there. How about Wix.com, ecommerce, so many of them.
I have 300 + items to sell. I list on Etsy and Amazon.
www.amazon.com/handmade/kimskraftykritters
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Kim

56 replies
user profile
Seller_rTIuvFWCwO42S
Most helpful replyThis reply was marked most helpful by the original poster.

You will need to collect and remit sales tax for 45 different states, so that’s fun. There are services that “handle it” for you, but it sounds like a nightmare to me.

56 replies
user profile
Seller_AGInYcZXd4oMt

When you say you have 300 items to sell, do you mean only 300 units? Or do you mean you sell 300 different items (multiple units of each)?

user profile
Seller_zAEiEV4qtwTru

If you’re not very technical, I highly recommend Shopify. I sell on Amazon as well as my own website.

user profile
Seller_fcqESQsiDtNkg

Shopify is the best if you have no experience with site engines and programming. They also have easy to set up plugins for Google ads and everything else. With Shopify you can have your store running in a few hours.

Woocommerce is good and free but requires some basic skills and experience to set up and run. But much more flexible than Shopify.

If you feel comfortable with some coding opencart is good engine.

user profile
Seller_2XeGhz8rzvSVT

Sent you a message with the one I use for over 10K individual SKU’s… Integrates really well with Amazon and EBay, I don’t use Etsy so I can’t say how that works…

It is just as easy as posting on facebook creating stores!

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_awYU0oH8skccg

Buy a URL then get a Free Blog at Blogspot and redirect your blog to your web site…(There’s a blogger box for that)

For a FREE Site…:grin:

It looks just like a web site to outside users…

user profile
Seller_M04MjNuWAA1Xz

You may want to look into Shopify or a similar solution where you don’t have to code and mess around buying and making plugins work. This way you can focus more on selling and less on technical headaches.

user profile
Seller_2evvlVU464iMp

Lots of people have both. I am guessing the reason you didn’t sell well on Shopify before would be lack of advertising. Google Ads can get expensive depending on what you are selling and the competition out there. That is why some people are able to start on amazon, because the traffic is already driven to Amazon, you just have to keep your metrics up in order to survive and make money. To Be very good takes more effort, similar to starting a business from scratch and trying to sell on your own site. With Amazon, you don’t have to get your product in front of customers, they do that for you. Hope this helps.

user profile
Seller_QQdh5qgYwOuaK

In my experience if you’ve not got a whole bunch of money to throw at the marketing dont even think about it, anyone can have a website that the easy part, if nobody now where you are they’ll not come.

user profile
Seller_QLvABVSEE6vGq

i’m for shopify too, easy to use, many many tools, and it looks fabulous!

user profile
Seller_0sQPLmT7HMlmz

I am interested in starting my own site but I’m confused about all the different website builders out there. How about Wix.com, ecommerce, so many of them.
Thanks,
Kim

56 replies
user profile

by Seller_0sQPLmT7HMlmz

Thanks,
Kim

Tags:Listings
56 replies
user profile
Seller_rTIuvFWCwO42S

You will need to collect and remit sales tax for 45 different states, so that’s fun. There are services that “handle it” for you, but it sounds like a nightmare to me.

user profile
Seller_rTIuvFWCwO42S

user profile
Seller_rTIuvFWCwO42S

Jump to reply
56 replies
56 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_AGInYcZXd4oMt

When you say you have 300 items to sell, do you mean only 300 units? Or do you mean you sell 300 different items (multiple units of each)?

user profile
Seller_zAEiEV4qtwTru

If you’re not very technical, I highly recommend Shopify. I sell on Amazon as well as my own website.

user profile
Seller_fcqESQsiDtNkg

Shopify is the best if you have no experience with site engines and programming. They also have easy to set up plugins for Google ads and everything else. With Shopify you can have your store running in a few hours.

Woocommerce is good and free but requires some basic skills and experience to set up and run. But much more flexible than Shopify.

user profile
Seller_2XeGhz8rzvSVT

Sent you a message with the one I use for over 10K individual SKU’s… Integrates really well with Amazon and EBay, I don’t use Etsy so I can’t say how that works…

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX
user profile
Seller_awYU0oH8skccg

Buy a URL then get a Free Blog at Blogspot and redirect your blog to your web site…(There’s a blogger box for that)

user profile
Seller_M04MjNuWAA1Xz

You may want to look into Shopify or a similar solution where you don’t have to code and mess around buying and making plugins work. This way you can focus more on selling and less on technical headaches.

user profile
Seller_2evvlVU464iMp

Lots of people have both. I am guessing the reason you didn’t sell well on Shopify before would be lack of advertising. Google Ads can get expensive depending on what you are selling and the competition out there. That is why some people are able to start on amazon, because the traffic is already driven to Amazon, you just have to keep your metrics up in order to survive and make money. To Be very good takes more effort, similar to starting a business from scratch and trying to sell on your own site. With Amazon, you don’t have to get your product in front of customers, they do that for you. Hope this helps.

user profile
Seller_QQdh5qgYwOuaK

In my experience if you’ve not got a whole bunch of money to throw at the marketing dont even think about it, anyone can have a website that the easy part, if nobody now where you are they’ll not come.

user profile
Seller_QLvABVSEE6vGq

user profile
Seller_AGInYcZXd4oMt

user profile
Seller_AGInYcZXd4oMt

user profile
Seller_zAEiEV4qtwTru

user profile
Seller_zAEiEV4qtwTru

user profile
Seller_fcqESQsiDtNkg

user profile
Seller_fcqESQsiDtNkg

user profile
Seller_2XeGhz8rzvSVT

user profile
Seller_2XeGhz8rzvSVT

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX
user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX
user profile
Seller_awYU0oH8skccg

user profile
Seller_awYU0oH8skccg

user profile
Seller_M04MjNuWAA1Xz

user profile
Seller_M04MjNuWAA1Xz

user profile
Seller_2evvlVU464iMp

user profile
Seller_2evvlVU464iMp

user profile
Seller_QQdh5qgYwOuaK

user profile
Seller_QQdh5qgYwOuaK

user profile
Seller_QLvABVSEE6vGq

user profile
Seller_QLvABVSEE6vGq