user profile
Sign in
user profile

Discount Requirements not met

by Seller_AJsVeh6gHvuvQ

I encountered a coupon error for a 5% discount on the following:

Listing Price: $33.95

Sale Price: $23.95 (Actual price for the buyer)

Errors:

Maximum Price with Coupon: $22.75

Current Price with Coupon: $32.25 <- It is based on my listing price ($33.95 with 5% coupon = $32.75) instead of the Sale price($23.95) which is not accurate( $23.95 with 5% coupon = $22.75)

Coupon Discount must be increased by at least $9.50 for the coupon to be eligible

This ASIN's Offer Price recently increased to $33.95 <- Again It is based on my listing price($33.95) instead of the Offer price($23.95) which is not accurate

Decrease your Offer Price by $2.82 for the coupon to be eligible

Tags: Promotion pricing, Promotions
7 replies
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_EkbLZUYSpmJEy
In reply to: Seller_AJsVeh6gHvuvQ's post

We would suggest reviewing your coupon settings and, if needed, edit or cancel the coupon.

This link may be of some help ...

Create a coupon

user profile
Seller_MeNjiBPtSZPht

This is your problem:

The coupons have to be at least 5% off of the product’s price to run. More specifically, the coupon has to be at least 5% off the lowest price in the last 30 days

I would check when you sale ends compared to when your coupon ends. Honestly I would get rid of the sale price with the coupon.

Basically if your product was $33 and you run a sale for $23, first of all this is suspisious for Amazon especially if you never take that sale price off.

Additionally Amazon will simply show your product as $23 and will not show $33 now $23.

Coupons on the other hand show if bright red on the listing that is easy to see.

Basically you should just put your price at $23, make list price $33 and make a 5% coupon.

If you insist on the way you have it you are better off removing the sale and putting a 34% coupon and having that show up big on the listing.

Of course all of this may not be straight forward because again, Amazon doesn't take your word on the price, but rather the 30 day trailing price of the item. So it is always better to alternate coupons and sales to keep your30 day average where it REALLY is, not where you are trying to fool amazon

user profile
Seller_MPG7eBWA5aeks

Yeah, it seems like Amazon is not factoring in the “Sale Price” at all in the final price calculation with the coupon added. It’s only looking at the “Price”, even though the price on the product detail page that a customer will buy at would be the “sale price” and THEN get an extra discount by clicking the coupon box. Doesn’t make much sense…

user profile
Tatiana_Amazon

Hi @Seller_AJsVeh6gHvuvQ,

Tatiana from Amazon here. I just wanted to confirm that coupons are going to be based off the list and reference price for your ASIN, and if your coupon is not beating the most recent lowest price (in this case $23.95) then the discount percentage will need to be lowered.

I also wanted to provide this help page on understanding coupon errors in case you run into any other issues.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Tatiana

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post