user profile
Sign in
user profile

Diverse on-model apparel imagery for better representation of Amazon customers

by News_Amazon

Amazon will start adding new imagery to some adult apparel products detail pages on March 31, 2023, to diversify models’ representation of people and reflect our customers.

Amazon is for everyone, so our stores’ imagery should feature representations of people that are as diverse as are our customers. This new feature adds on-model imagery to the detail page for select ASINs in the Apparel Category at no additional cost for sellers.

The result will be a curated image block that includes between 1 and 3 new images (MAIN, PT01, PT02). On mobile we are increasing the number of available image blocks to 10 so that as many as three curated images can be featured without supplanting any existing images. For desktops, the last 1-3 images of the block will not be shown to customers.

The result will be multiple diverse models featuring the same product.

Tags: News and Announcements
18 replies
18 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_HP0CuTSNvJvu9
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

I like this news. I can't wait to see where this thread goes. I have a good feeling about it.

user profile
Seller_BeWo5Xt3t43rn

I hope this is not some crude skin color changes made to existing models as that will backfire with those who the models are then supposed to represent!

user profile
Seller_QxxtAPm2Y7d4o

Who is adding the imagery? Amazon is going to add their images to my products? I don't think so. Amazon MAY mean that they are adding new image records (blank); but the article is written so poorly, it is difficult to tell what is being done.

user profile
Seller_hY40tLwm8O9jf

I have an image of the size chart for my apparel to help customers choose the correct size and lessen returns. This will now be deleted?

user profile
Seller_3a8M298G0rxqN

[Moderator Edit: Removed off topic commentary]

user profile
Seller_vwTQr93nzb7gQ

user profile
Seller_1itE8clKhWHJk

user profile
Seller_8sP6ffckcRn6v

Please do not change any of our models. We already have done the work in a much higher progressive manner.

Our models are redone by sophisticated technology. Each and every one of them have some features of our customers. Skin color, hair type, eyes, male, female, non-binary, etc. .

They only differ in height, and weight. Sorry, short and tall people. Skinny and fat people. But we must have something we can differentiate them. One model only will be too boring.

Our sophisticated software scans social media and each time a looney posts a new way they want to be addressed; we blend their posted image into our existing ones. .

user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy

user profile
News_Amazon
Show post
For desktops, the last 1-3 images of the block will not be shown to customers.

What does Amazon have against desktop and laptop users? The zoom was removed from Clothing, Shoes, Jewelry and Watches category, by some genius in "...higher corporate levels...".

My personal returns have skyrocketed since October when the feature was removed, since I can no longer see fabric textures, smaller details or sellers' size charts, which are infinitely better than Amazon's One-size-fits-all-listings charts.

user profile
Seller_FwpA1naSVnywt

Time has passed for Amazon to tell sellers what they are selling. Strict image rules create a lot of extra work just to comply by rules, that are simply incorrect.

Let the sellers make the pictures as they see fit.

Amazon just get out of the way.

Especially if you cannot even explain what you are explaining.

Or was that news bot generated and never reality checked?

Go to original post