user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon not Refunding a Large FedEx Refund

by Seller_92nsgkHTOpjW1

18 days ago I got 2x "adjustment" on my account totaling about $1200.00. Considering the $12.65 fee for each of the 2 items that were shipped the 1000% adjustment was crazy.

I contacted Amazon the day after this happened and they told me "nothing we can do to help you call FedEx", basically PFO. then I contacted FedEx 2 days after the adjustment, and after speaking with 3-4 different FedEx reps, it takes that many calls to get to a "revenue" rep, I found someone that was brilliant and helped. Was told that my adjustment was the cause of a "computer glitch" and they were refunding the $'s. That's the short story version...

I was suggested by FedEx to contact Amazon and let the know of the credits... so I did.

After contacting Amazon 16 days ago I have only been getting daily emails " Thanks for your continued patience. We are currently researching your issue in partnership with the responsible team. We'll provide an update as soon as any additional information is available."

I have contacted FedEx and confirmed the refunds.

I have contacted Amazon 2-3 more times and getting the same old story...

Tags: Transactions
14 replies
14 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Connor_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_92nsgkHTOpjW1's post

Hi @Seller_92nsgkHTOpjW1

Connor from Amazon here, thanks for reaching out to us today.

Can you share any case IDs you currently have pending with Amazon support so that I can take a closer look into this?

Cheers,

Connor

user profile
Seller_DdmPiA1p1S2Wu

Sorry to hear that happened to you. Hopefully Amazon can get the refunded funds to you soon.

You may wish to look into setting up your own FedEx account and linking that through Amazon. If you are using FedEx One Rate, just be sure to have them enabled on your FedEx account. Then when these types of issues arise, it is much easier since Amazon isn't in the middle of it. I had a similar issue happen recently. A package was near the limits of FedEx One Rate, but FedEx mis-measured one of the dimensions and knocked it out of being One Rate eligible. The difference in the standard FedEx 2 Day and FedEx 2 Day One Rate amounts was substantial, and I ended up with around a $650 adjustment to the shipping cost. Since it was on my own account I was able to contact FedEx Revenue Services and have it corrected very quickly.

user profile
Seller_HiTXE2Jfg6hnF

I know the feeling of having both: 1) Fed-Ex inflating their shipping fee. At the time, I learned Fed-Ex changed their measurements, so they were able to justify their price adjustment, so I let my case go for re-adjustment since I thought their explanation was reasonable despite their price adjustment being ridiculous. However, I did learn from that experience that if I use Fed-Ex for Amazon, I'll either link the Fed-Ex account to Amazon, as the user in here suggested ,or I'll take the risk and use my own Fed-Ex account so that if a problem occurs, I can receive a direct resolution from Fed-Ex without dealing with Amazon's incompetence.

2) I learned in another situation that I still haven't got resolved that Amazon for whatever reason doesn't like to refund or put credit in a seller's account. I have no idea what they get from trying to keep our money or try to keep seller's stalling. I'm also in a situation of receiving auto replies of "Thanks for your continued patience. We are currently researching your issue in partnership with the responsible team. We'll provide an update as soon as any additional information is available." It's like just credit the user for crying out loud. With the way they try to hold onto money that is ours, you'd think they're stalling us out so we can forget and have them split the money amongst themselves. It's so ridiculous and unprofessional. I hope you wake up and see your money in your balance.

user profile
Seller_92nsgkHTOpjW1

Had another chat with them today asking for 2 more days! Yeah, okay, what choice do I have? Same old story!

They have now had my refund returned to them for 18 days now and are asking for 2 more days! Oh, and it has been escalated AGAIN, there is also a SR. Program Manager that knows about it!

user profile
Seller_JCqbXUeHNoJiE

shipstation does a pretty good job at correcting discrepancies when the occur.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post