user profile
Sign in
user profile

The almost dead

by Seller_UtfCrYYGjsAuU

Since last week, the sales have been quite slow. We dropped a lot. I'm scared; is anybody else experiencing the same problem?

Tags: Seller fulfilled
27 replies
27 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_kIukTwdhvntAp
In reply to: Seller_UtfCrYYGjsAuU's post

It's a lot of sellers with multiple posts on the boards.

I normally say that sales fluctuate (which is true) but I'm down 36% YTD and declining as well.

Other sellers have noted declines of 60% and worse. I seem to recall one of 80% declines.

Search engine changes, TEMU, the economy and other factors can be causes.

It's an election year so things are ALWAYS messy.

Old saying that was purportedly a Chinese proverb that I used in sales years ago --

May you live in interesting times.

I never bothered to tell my clients back then that is was a CURSE!

user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw

I was out earlier this week; almost no traffic (except at Costco, which was PACKED).

We're right between Juneteenth and July 4; I suspect that a lot of people are on vacation or just getting ready for one right now. Which could translate into "stock up at Costco" but no buying for stuff that needs to be shipped.

Plus 100+° weather probably doesn't put people in a good mood to be spending money.

But of course, all that is a guess. I'm actually doing quite well recently, but that has more to do with an influx of great new inventory than with anything else.

user profile
Seller_UtfCrYYGjsAuU

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I hope things improve, and that little businesses like ours don't suffer. 

user profile
Seller_X0EpnXooluuab

My sales have been horrendous for the past month with PPC no longer producing results. I am down 75% from last year. Truly depressing when I had such a winning product before.

user profile
Seller_TBS3wt1Auoij3

yeah, me too. I'm a small seller, used to have 3-5 orders a day, now I sometimes get only 1 a day. I think:

1. Temu- example is myself, I stopped shopping at Amazon, and I'm in charge of shopping for my company - we spent about $20K every month - I moved this to Temu and Alibaba, saving the company $5K per month. Another motive that I switch is I was really hurt and sad on how amazon treat its buyers and sellers - my good friend got blocked for one return, and he was a seller, so he can't access his seller account. This is ridiculous.

2. season: people travel and vacation in summer.

I read somewhere Amazon monitors posts, hope they don't retaliate me since I'm moving my purchases somewhere else, and I tell everyone I know to switch to Temu.

user profile
Seller_jvpxdrhdlNEo5

[Moderator Edit: Removed Inappropriate Commentary]

user profile
Seller_08TZq9sOIaGvv

Probably just antidotal, but I sell seasonal warm weather cooking items mostly and June is usually one of my best months - down about 25% YoY. I have taken this opportunity to add to my offerings, so if/when the economy returns we will make up for this slump. Highly suspect we have further to drop before recovery however.

user profile
Seller_Sram36TnVt73c

My FBA sales are doing well...better than usual but summer is actually my peak now that my inventory is mostly party supplies.

HOWEVER my self-fulfilled sales are DEAD DEAD DEAD....

I think Amazon is pushing FBA offers even more than usual now that all the fees hit us at once.

i moved some items from FBA to FBM and these same items that were selling well through FBA are now dead in the water as FBM offers.

user profile
Seller_0t3yxK4t6EM7x

1 sale today across all channels. Possibly my worst single day since I started in 2006.

user profile
Seller_Wo1HamMyi71JH

Retail arbitrage has been doing splendidly. Excellent margins with store closures and sales going through the roof.

Go to original post