user profile
Sign in
user profile

Getting notice about an offer that I removed 7 years ago.

by Seller_D7mNsI9QDpUdP

This Offer ( a two dollar item, btw) was removed from my inventory 2544 days ago. I am just now getting a notice to do what? remove it. Hello, it was removed from my inventory about 7 years ago. Seriously, doesn't anyone monitor these annoying notices that seem to be randomly triggered? Does no one care that this kind of treatment of sellers is annoying and insulting? Is Amazon so big that there is no longer any effort to protect sellers from useless, inaccurate and threatening messages? Surely this kind of treatment will continue to reduce Amazon to nothing more than an overly complex robot-driven machine that continues to drive humans into the arms of other business that still have a semblance of decency and accuracy. It's so, so sad.

Tags: Product removal
25 replies
25 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl
In reply to: Seller_D7mNsI9QDpUdP's post

When you say "removed from inventory" -- do you mean it was an inactive listing.

Or do you mean it was an inactive listings and then was deleted?

user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw

You need to not just zero out the inventory on a listing; you need to "Delete Product and Listing" from your Manage All Inventory page.

If you do not fully delete the listing, then it still shows on your account, and can be subject to violating policies (even ones that have changed since you sold it), but also the dreaded "Ghost listing", where you suddenly get an order for a product you don't have in inventory.

user profile
Seller_kIukTwdhvntAp

In addition to what @Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl and @Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrwhave stated, the sad fact on Amazon is that even if you DO totally delete and remove the ASINs the history is still there.

There have been sellers that were suspended for items that were deleted years ago when they got in trouble for some new issues.

Amazon keeps records of everything FOREVER. While all my 'youthful indiscretions' from 50 or 60 years ago are now well beyond the statute of limitations (I think) that is not the case for anything I might have done wrong on here 14 or 15 years ago.

Once at risk, always at risk.

user profile
Seller_nd8NAsSHObEXq

This has happened to me with some of my removed items. I don't know any way to stop it from happening occasionally. I think it's some kind of internal problem in Amazon.

user profile
Seller_Sram36TnVt73c

You have to do a flat file inventory.Upload to completely remove your items from the platform:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/5177082a-6070-48d3-b463-9dd6bc04070d?postId=dacc556c-36d9-4355-807c-727b5cd21112

user profile
Seller_WKQcxV8GJk5T7

It has to be something else, why would it show up NOW?????

Contact Seller Support, they won't help no one will. Good Luck

user profile
Seller_r9wMm8LrE5iKj

We had to close our CD marketplace account over this issue, for products deleted YEARS ago. Obvs there's no way to modify a listing to meet the IP requirements if you don't have the listing (and even if you still did, it can be impossible).

Amazon blows at this and many other things, and they simply don't care. You could be roadkill any day on this platform without violating any rules.

user profile
Seller_LTNvvFJ2jqJOv

even though you "delete" "remove" a listing, it stays there forever!!, I get things like that from 4 5 years ago now and then.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post