user profile
Sign in
user profile

Review falsely claims product contains Xylitol

by Seller_1oiUzWauEHDrE

We have a review that claims one of our products contains the ingredient xylitol. We are also the manufacturer and the product definitely does not contain xylitol. Is falsely claiming a product contains an ingredient against Amazon's review policy?

Tags: Product reviews
16 replies
0 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX
In reply to: Seller_1oiUzWauEHDrE's post

As you found out, there is another side of Amazon that the company does not speak about in public. Buyers can say anything they want in false return claims, feedback and reviews, and Amazon doesn't really care. When sellers try and do something about it, usually they run into a brick wall, because it just takes too much time and costs too much money to sort things out.

It is just Amazon's way of doing business. The E-Commerce division of Amazon makes no profit and operates at a loss. AWS makes the real profit and supporte the E-Commerce.

user profile
Seller_1oiUzWauEHDrE

@Veronica_Amazon, @Danika_Amazon, @Rose_Amazon @Cooper_Amazon @Glenn_Amazon - Can you please share your thoughts on this? Any response is greatly appreciated!

user profile
Seller_vWhgseZxKF7Jj

Sadly, it is what it is. Reviewers don't have to have any education or expertise. They can call black - white and white - black, and it will go.

I've received very bizarre reviews lately too.

user profile
Seller_08TZq9sOIaGvv

Perhaps kindly let them know that they are wrong to to please retract. Hopefully in the mean time, it the monetary damages will not pile up ;)

user profile
Tatiana_Amazon

Hi @Seller_1oiUzWauEHDrE,

Thanks for tagging some community managers here. I do understand your frustration about the review and it sounds like you have already take the correct steps to report the review. However, there is no further escalation that can be taken on it.

We do encourage buyers to share their authentic thoughts and opinions on a product, even if their they might be confused about the product. I would suggest ensuring the ingredients of your product are clearly displayed on the detail page so future buyers are educated on what they are purchasing.

Tatiana

user profile
Seller_JQ2Dj853XJZRt

We have similar situation where reveiwer says the pipe hanger is good up to 475 degrees and it is not. Could not get get removed.

user profile
Seller_XJ5fPXK82lIHl

You can try and have the review removed but I am also a brand owner here on Amazon and had a customer leave a 1 star review on my product which was actually for another product and I had no luck getting the 1 star removed.

It is definitely worth it to see if there is a way to get it removed but I wouldn't count on it.

user profile
Seller_VWXLKgCdlobY6

We feel you on this. We had an buyer post "Fake product" on a listing because the manufacturer changed the packaging design. We updated our images as soon as the packaging was changed so they would have seen this. But this customer insisted that what they received on a previous order is legit (this is a consumable so customers reorder a lot) and anything else is fake. We purchase directly from the manufacturer and they change their packaging design at least once a year so this is a reoccurring issue and it would be nice to be able to comment on customer reviews to prevent misinformation. I mean we are supposed to be the experts on our products but they don't allow us to be.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post