user profile
Sign in
user profile

Unable to list generic items

by Seller_fHjAa0UZgf8N8

I received the Error Code 5461 when attempting to list a generic item not found in the catalog. Listed a couple dozen over the last few days with no problem.
1 listing today is stuck in drafts: There is no record of the SKU corresponding to this update on your account. This commonly occurs when there are other issues on your SKU. Did not see the warning on this - save box turned green and i saved it
The other is not showing up and the Error 5461 came up and I can’t save.
These are generic so my question is has someone Brand registered the name “Generic”?
Module on Seller University told me to go to my selling applications where it would auto populate but no luck.
Any insight is much appreciated!

Tags: Listings, SKU
1.7K views
309 replies
309 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL
In reply to: Seller_fHjAa0UZgf8N8's post

Where did you acquire your GTINs?

Do you have a GTIN exemption?

This is Amazon error Code 5461. This is because Amazon believes that the product that you are trying to list already exists in their catalogue . They want all listings of the same product to be on the same listing, to promote price competition.

If there is a generic of this product already on the site, you do not get a new page.

user profile
Seller_cMvpORwUyvKFH

Amazon’s directions for listing GTIN exempted items under the brand term “Generic” is
currently broken as of today.

Hopefully gets fixed soon!

user profile
Seller_oEw5wUNHgJxxP

Yes like @The_Orange_Crush said, see the “Dead Thread” due to so many flags.

In related news, generic dot com is for sale for $275K

I don’t get it, for our brands the first thing we do i register the URL for our brand.

user profile
Seller_cy9errRioq6yi

I also have approx 10,000+ different sku’s which have the GTIN exemption " For unbranded items and bundles, type Generic" So far I have not seen this company name on my listings. I hope I don’t but I see another nightmare in the works and I am currently unable to list any more sku’s.

user profile
Seller_zVtBVd38PXR7R

Add us to the list as well 47 items now changed

user profile
Seller_sNfwyhTSKGB7S
  • Very troubling turn of events

• This has potentially devastating impact on many sellers, and a significant long term effect on Amazon’s performance as well.

• Such an absurd scenario certainly has remedy available…

• Perhaps a US Trademark for the term “organic” is next…?

user profile
Seller_Z11OwcNXkBlgk

Please note that not every Generic has been changed to this brand name “DABLIZ GROUP INTERNATION TRADING LLC”. Example is the item below which still in Generic brand.

user profile
Seller_sNfwyhTSKGB7S

Curious, now are you able to create a new listing?

user profile
Seller_sNfwyhTSKGB7S
  • Exactly, many viable, legitimate, desirable products do not have a UPC.
user profile
Seller_sNfwyhTSKGB7S
  • We sell many discontinued, viable appliance parts that are available nowhere else.

• A UPC code was never generated for these, and the practicality of going through the process of creating such would absurd for a small number of items that likely will never be sold again.

Go to original post