user profile
Sign in
user profile

BOT removing listings with valid UPCs

by Seller_abvDcTtQNWTq0

Hello there,

I have listings with brand name "XYZ". Manufacturer's web site is xyz.com. However, when you look up GS1 website using UPCs stated on their products, the trademark owner's name is shown as "[XYZ] SPA". I am not exactly sure what "SPA" stands for. Its an Italian company. Perhaps SPA stands for something similar to LLC or INC in the US. I am not sure.

However, the problem is now that BOT is removing all listings by this manufacturer due to "invalid UPC". I tried to open cases with seller support, but thats not going anywhere. They just reply back with copy/paste canned responses.

Can a MOD please step in and escalate this case to higher up Partner Seller Support.

CASE 13594463191

THANK YOU!

Tags: Detail page, Listing deactivated, Listings, Product removal
12 replies
12 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_rI7BZIczK8iAC
In reply to: Seller_abvDcTtQNWTq0's post

Unfortunately I cannot help you. I just comment here because this is something I also would like to know. Is it possible that someone (you) lists with an UPC that belongs so someone else? Those who do this business model will laugh about the question. Also I do not intend to list someone else's product ever, I am simply curious to know.

user profile
Seller_kIukTwdhvntAp

I'm going to GUESS that unless YOU own "[XYZ] SPA" you will be stuck in quicksand for eternity on Amazon trying to get anything done.

They may very well be looking at enforcing the Brand Registry policies across the board on some/all brands --

Here are some of the 'typical' BR issues that may be coming into play and why YOU probably won't get it fixed.

What is the EXACT BRAND (as GRANTED) on the USPTO site? Is it the EXACT same as the Brand on the Amazon account AND the brand on the packaging?

What is the name of the Owner (REGISTRANT) on the USPTO site? Is it the EXACT same name as the owner of the Amazon account?

If it is NOT exactly the same you will need to show some proof that the two are the same. As I recall, I had to submit my LLC State Registration with MY name as the owner of the LLC since my Amazon account is under a different LLC name.

The OWNER of the Brand is the one that MUST enter into the Brand Registry agreement. If the owner is not the same as the Amazon seller the seller will have to be granted access by the owner.

When Amazon says something must match they mean EXACTLY!

user profile
Blake_Amazon

Hey @Seller_abvDcTtQNWTq0, thanks for providing that case ID. I took a look at your case and see that Seller Support is requesting you provide your GS1 certificate to move forward. Is this something you're able to provide?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post