user profile
Sign in
user profile

Missing Inventory – No Assistance From Amazon Support

by Seller_pFMn0oaiDVEIg

Amazon fails to conduct a proper investigation of missing inventory. They just keep asking for additional commercial invoices, although we sent them all the available files. Their response is: “We are unable to continue the investigation because the documentation provided does not meet one or more of the requirements for acceptance.”.This is nonsense because these are perfectly fine documents that we had already used before to get reimbursements. When we ask what is the exact problem with the files, there is no useful help from the support, but only the same generic answers over and over. Is there any way to escalate the case and get some real assistance? The case ID is 13228530171.

Thank you.

Tags: Missing
12 replies
12 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Topher_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_pFMn0oaiDVEIg's post

Hi there @Seller_pFMn0oaiDVEIg, while I can't see all of your document details, can you confirm the invoices provided met all of the requirements including:

-showing a completed transaction

-your business name/address on the invoice matching your seller account exactly

-product identifiers like a product number or UPC?

Hoping to confirm a few things before seeing if I can escalate.

Topher

user profile
Seller_p5C34JAPICQs9

I am having the exact same problem. They keep telling me the quantity dont match and I have to do a add an subtract lesson that I learned in first grade and they still give me the same answer like they never read what I wrote. It is so frustrating and makes you not want to send anything to amazon anymore.

user profile
Seller_eGsjMmuN9igqM

Amazon FBA is no longer trustworthy or accountable, even though many sellers trust that Amazon will handle their shipments securely and safely.

However, Amazon has a tendency to deny claims of missing units for any reason, even if it is unreasonable.

I urge you to escalate this issue to senior management. Otherwise, more and more sellers will conclude that Amazon is not trustworthy or accountable.

user profile
Seller_nj6ahIVbdMfRJ

I went through this a few months ago. Got the case escalated through the forums - after the internal investigation was done it turned out the box arrived damaged from UPS. However, because Amazon did not relay that information it took months until this was known to me and it was too late to open a claim with UPS. Good luck o.O

user profile
Seller_baiCQhOKKKL5e

We've had the same issue. Missing inventory sent to FBA warehouses. We also have seen miscounts where we ship a full case and they report only a fraction of the item arrived. It's getting really frustrating.

user profile
Seller_Gc1r3ANWWMsSz

We are having an exact similar problems with our several units of products. We opened and reopen 2,250 cases with Amazon Sellers Support with the latest being case ID 13452519301, we often got the same response you got "“We are unable to continue the investigation because the documentation provided does not meet one or more of the requirements for acceptance.” It was like an auto response letter generated by their AI machine. Our products were delivered to Amazon warehouse over 90 days ago, the tracking is on their amazon seller central, but no investigation is being carried out. This is very scary. Amazon was never like this before. We are not wiling to lose 2,250 units of products. the funny aspect was that we used their Amazon global logistic service to ship these products from China and the shipping fees has already been taken out of our sellers account months ago. We need help very urgently having written them several times on this same issue

user profile
Seller_A4WWXNIYVtibf

I started out using FBA and I think that if things were different it would be a great model. However, I found over the first 8-9 months of using FBA that I lost many sales because an item would sell and then sit in pending status forever, then disappear. Sometimes, at some future date, I would get an inventory credit, but not all the time. No one should spend that much time with inventory issues. When Amazon loses my property they received and verified, it should not then fall back to me to find and provide them my documentation to be refunded for their negligence. They are hoping, and I believe they are correct, that many people will not follow up the more hurdles they put in front of you.

The other problems I encountered were fake/malicious IP complaints, unneeded hazmat reviews, and claims of counterfeit products without test buys. All of these lock your inventory down and shifts the burden back to you to take time out of your schedule to get Amazon what they are looking for document wise. In any business, time is money. These types of issues also make Amazon very unreliable to fill third party orders from their fulfillment centers, which they push hard.

I'm sure Amazon has their internal reasoning for the things they do and it is their company so they can. But, for me I have been converting to all FBM and its weird I haven't lost one piece of my inventory.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post