user profile
Sign in
user profile

Account suspended for forged or manipulated documentation

by Seller_mTNvCyflCxsOb

Hello, I’ve been here for 4 years.
I was selling some home improvement products for years and some months ago I applied and got permission to sell in the health category (US Marketplace).
As I enrolled in the FBA Remote North America program, I applied yesterday to sell in the health category in the Canadian marketplace and submitted the invoice and images of the products, as requested.
The invoice was submitted in the PDF format (it was in word and had to export as pdf as usually docx files aren’t accepted).
Before I copy the email I received, please take into account the following details:

• Documents are original
  • I am an official distributor, and my supplier is the manufacturer and brand owner.
  • He already wrote a letter that certifies that the invoice is original with his contact details in case Amazon may need to reach him out.
  • He has the brand registered with Amazon Brand Services
    *The products do not need FDA authorization but Amazon classifies them under the health category.
  • Mexican account and US account have been suspended as well.

Here is the copy of the email I got today:

Hello,

Your Amazon selling account has been deactivated. Your listings have been removed. We are withholding any funds available in your account. If you have FBA inventory of the items causing “inauthentic” complaints, they are currently ineligible for removal.

Why is this happening?
You have supplied documentation to Amazon which appears to be forged or manipulated. We previously requested these documents from you to address concerns about your account. All requested documents must be authentic and unaltered.

How do I reactivate my account?
To reactivate your selling account, please send us one of the following:
– An explanation that justifies why you provided documentation which appears to be forged or manipulated; or
– Evidence that demonstrates that the documents you provided are not forged or manipulated

You can only send .pdf, .jpg, .png, or .gif files.

How do I send the required information?
Please submit this information by clicking the Appeal button next to this message on the Performance Notifications page in Seller Central

[End of email]

My questions to all of you:

1. Should I appeal and choose deactivated in error and submit my manufacturer’s letter or submit a POA?
  2. Do you expect the manufacturer’s letter to be sufficient?
  3. What about hiring reinstatement agencies/lawyers?

I have not answered yet as I preferred some advice before making everything worse.

Thank you very much

Tags: FBA, INR (item not received), USPS
19 replies
19 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_qIY1zDxKNWKmI
In reply to: Seller_mTNvCyflCxsOb's post

This is s duplicate thread except for that fact that you took out the “medical products” part.

user profile
Seller_IJbxr5DGGGtYX

Hi @Pluton_Inc,

Sophie from Amazon here.

I understand that your account has been suspended for providing forged, or manipulated documentation and would like to provide assistance on this matter.

Would it be possible for you to request for invoice from your supplier in .pdf, .jpg, .png, or .gif format instead? This is to ensure that all documents and information stays as original and unaltered as possible.

Your appeal should be based off your account’s actual situation. If these documents are indeed legitimate as you have shared, I would encourage you to provide additional documents to support your claims. Since you have earlier mentioned that you are an official distributor, are you also able to provide an authorization letter from the brand stating so?

When submitting invoices, do also take note of the below requirements:

• Include supplier information (name, contact info, website, etc.)

• Include your information

• Show item quantities

• Not be older than 365 days

• Be submitted in PDF, JPG, PNG, or GIF files

Once you have these documents ready, you can proceed to submit them via the appeal button on your account health dashboard (AHD) for a review. You will then be notified of the outcome once the review is completed.

I hope this provided some clarification on what you can do next. If you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reply to this thread.

Best,
Sophie (苏菲)

user profile
Seller_mTNvCyflCxsOb

I’m posting my POA, in case someone has the time to review and give back feedback.

The root cause of the issue that led to the suspension is that I uploaded documentation to Amazon which appears to be forged or manipulated.
More specifically, I naively exported to pdf the invoice that I received from my supplier, that was originally in docx format, because I could not upload a docx file to Amazon.

I accept that it was my mistake not to ask my supplier to send me the pdf file and I should not have changed the format myself.

The actions I have taken to resolve the issue are the following:

• I contacted my supplier and explained the problem to him, he is aware that I modified the file format of his invoice.
  • I received from my supplier (which is also the manufacturer and brand owner) several documents that will be uploaded along this POA to prove that I have the authorization to sell his branded products and that the original invoice was indeed issued by him. The files will be uploaded exactly as received from my supplier. My supplier’s contact information will be included in case Amazon wishes to contact him to validate the authenticity of those documents. Here is the list of the documents:
    • Re-issued invoice: submitted as received from my supplier meeting Amazon requirements. Amazon can validate that the information is the same.
    • Letter of authorization to sell the trademarked products that appear on the invoice. This letter also clearly identifies my company as an official distributor in the USA and Canada, and certifies that the original invoice was issued by him.
    • Articles of incorporation of my supplier’s company, in case Amazon needs to verify that the person that signed the letter has the authority and power to sign it (this document is in Spanish as the company is registered in Mexico).
    • Copies of the Mexican equivalent to the USPTO that certifies that both, the company that issued the invoice and the person who signed the letter own the rights to the trademark of the products that appear on the invoice.

The steps you have taken to prevent the issue going forward are the following:

• I have studied each of the policies found at https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/521 to make sure this does not happen again. I will also transmit the information to every actual and future member of the company that will have access to the Amazon account.
  • From now on, I will only upload unmodified documents to Amazon, and will make sure that the documents will meet Amazon requirements.

I kindly ask you to reinstate my selling privileges,
Best regards

user profile
Seller_mTNvCyflCxsOb

Got this answer less than 10 hours later, I simply don’t understand!
Dear …

We received your submission but do not have enough information to reactivate your account.

Why did I receive this message?
You have not sent us sufficient information that we previously requested from you to address our concerns with your account. For privacy reasons, we do not provide details about our investigation methods.

What happens now?
Your account will remain deactivated and we may not respond to further emails about this issue.

You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please write to payments-funds@amazon.com.
Sincerely,
Merchant Review Team
amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

user profile
Seller_CNA85W7ZyzoxE

Did you ever get this resolved?

user profile
Seller_aJ96AJbfp9DqU

Did you get figure this out?

user profile
Seller_mTNvCyflCxsOb

Hi, still pending.
Sent several appeals that were rejected, but now I’m waiting for them to conclude a review.
Will try to update when I get more news.

user profile
Seller_mTNvCyflCxsOb

The POA is not very different from what I posted weeks ago. It was the documents what caused the rejection. Since I import those items from Mexico, I submitted a parallel Mexican invoice that was created when the export took place. Hopefully they will accept that one. Also a Letter of Authorization from the brand owner may be needed.
If you were suspended I will suggest you to seek help. Do not waste appeals. @Oneida_Book has much more experience.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post