user profile
Sign in
user profile

Any issues with having Seller Account and multiple buyer accounts for the family?

by Seller_p1uWs7BNFQ8zm

I have been really nervous to have a seller account and multiple buyer accounts. Right now we just had prime attached to my email address associated with my seller account and basically use that for our buyer account. My wife has expressed interest in having her own buyer account so we can get gifts for each other without the other knowing. My kids are getting older too, so they would probably like their own as well. I also would like to have a persoanal Amazon buyer account to keep things separate?

Any issues doing this? They would all have different email addresses, but my wife and I’s names, credit card, and address have already been used on my prime account that I sell on. Just want to do it right. I do already have an audible account that I had since before Amazon bought them, so I may technically already have a “personal” Amazon account.

Would I need to do prime separately for my seller account and my personal accounts?

Tags: Address, Credit card
5 replies
5 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_bWU6w5XvXmIfs
In reply to: Seller_p1uWs7BNFQ8zm's post

You can have as many buyer accounts as you wish.

The policy about multiple accounts only applies to seller accounts.

user profile
Seller_d7Z0MKOJalf7S

You are allowed as many buyer accounts as you want.
Each person in the home can have their own separate buyer account.
You are allowed ONE seller account per household.

user profile
Seller_3EKgZrVXK022t

What’s important is that you have only ONE seller account, you can have as many buyer accounts as you like, and Amazon even allows you to link them together under one household so they can all benefit from the whole suite of Prime services.

Where you seem to be a little confused is with your seller account that also uses the same email address as your personal buyer account. Technically, the Prime benefits are attached to the buyer part of that account, and not the seller side.

Just make sure that your other buyer accounts don’t suddenly start selling on Amazon without getting permission from Seller Performance first.

user profile
Seller_RZdQcMeLZZ2rq

I don’t know if there is a better way of doing this but I have a seller account with one email address a business buying account with business email address.

An Amazon rep said this was the best way to have my own buying account and also allow spouse an account.

Had to change spouse account to child account from my business buying account. Had to input birth year under 17 years old.

We only put that he was 17 years old. On his birthday, the account closed & emailed him an offer for his own account.

We had to do it again. This time we put that he was 14 years old.

Had to give full permissions, so I wouldn’t be required to authorize each purchase. I no longer receive texts of each item he’s buying.

I also have it so that his credit card is attached to his account.

It appears that I can add up to 3 family members.

Amazon rep guided everything. It doesn’t appear that there was an easier way to have my own personal account, business buying account, & spouse account. We did this about 1-2 years ago. Might be an easier option now.

BTW
I did this so we could all share Prime.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post