user profile
Sign in
user profile

A to Z Claim appealed and granted with no feedback

by Seller_Qes9QnNjvKogZ

The customer received the order and then proceeded to put an A to Z claim. I appealed providing all documents necessesary. Proof of delivery with signature, tracking info, invoice from my vendor proofing that I paid for the item and proof that I paid for shipping. The 3rd party A to Z claim department came back stating that the funds were granted to the buyer and the decision was irreversible. What can I do next? This is a $3,000+ order so I need my money back. I did the appeal on time and everything on my end. Is there a way I can contact the Amazon leadership team about it?

Tags: Chargebacks
14 replies
14 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_OvL8C4BJWiuS9
In reply to: Seller_Qes9QnNjvKogZ's post

Did you use Amazon buy shipping?

user profile
Seller_T5mHz4lzng1AR

small claims court is the way to go

user profile
Seller_08TZq9sOIaGvv

So sorry this happened. Can't imagine selling such high value items here.

user profile
Seller_RClwXXLQjUdPk

Why was the A to Z filed by the buyer? It appears you shipped this from a 3rd party? There are missing pieces to your story and no one can provide guidance without the rest of the information.

user profile
Dominic_Amazon

Hi @Seller_Qes9QnNjvKogZ,

Dominic from Amazon here, would like to try to help with this. Did you utilize buy shipping when you fulfilled the order? Additionally, did you submit a case with Seller Support for this? If so please provide me with a case ID and I can review.

Best,

Dominic

user profile
Seller_pVAHCqWEdXDbz

Two points from your fulfillment process listed in your original post.

1) "Proof that I paid for shipping"

2) "Invoice from my vendor.. that i paid for the item"

The above points tell us two things that might not work out in your favor here. The first is that you utilized third party shipping/did not use amazon buy shipping w/ insurance and signature delivery. No A to Z coverage will apply.

The second is that you paid vendor for the item, theres a fine line and specific rules pertaining to drop-shipping, if you deviate from the rules Amazon will hit you with account health issues.

Amazon wont be helping you here. A claim by you via the shipping company you utilized would be the first step. Depending on if the customer filed a false claim, the legal route either criminal or civil may be the next step.

user profile
Seller_93ujO8D1dxA65

In the past month, I have encountered the same situation three times in a row. The first time, Amazon ruled that the buyer did not receive the goods (valued at $1400, weighing 500lbs). The second and third times, Amazon rejected the customer's A-to-z claims. During the first A-to-z claim, I submitted the complete waybill (from a third party), customer-signed POD, and GPS tracking, but the Amazon A-to-z team kept replying that they were upholding their original decision. I will keep appealing until my store is closed or I stop selling on Amazon.

When comparing these three claims, I noticed that perhaps during the first claim, my communication with the customer through Amazon's messaging channel was too detailed. For example, I sent the signed document to the customer and asked if it was their signature, and the customer directly denied it was their signature. I also asked the customer if they had received the goods, and the customer clearly stated they had not (the customer explicitly mentioned they had ordered the wrong item and needed to return it, which was obviously a malicious claim). During the second and third A-to-z claims, I did not lead the customer to say things like "they did not receive the goods." Perhaps this is why the claims were rejected. Who knows? Those who follow the rules end up being punished by them. Those who make malicious claims end up being protected by the rules.

user profile
Seller_OHUMEP5eiRhB6

for Community assistance (here),

You would need to provide (all the) details of the A-to-Z claim opened against you,

It would also be beneficial to check if/what any other messages and/or communication you have received re: this order (Return Request / Buyer/Seller message, & the tracking delivery details. Providing those/such., and any additional info as usually provided in the A-to-Z claims page, may be beneficial for you to get assistance, clarification, & hopefully guidance from the audience here.

Sorry for what u r dealing with & going through.

user profile
Seller_WAZNnMBpd99sI

user profile
Seller_pVAHCqWEdXDbz
Show post

1) "Proof that I paid for shipping"

2) "Invoice from my vendor.. that i paid for the item"

The above points tell us two things that might not work out in your favor here. The first is that you utilized third party shipping/did not use amazon buy shipping w/ insurance and signature delivery. No A to Z coverage will apply.

The second is that you paid vendor for the item, theres a fine line and specific rules pertaining to drop-shipping, if you deviate from the rules Amazon will hit you with account health issues.

Nothing wrong about drop-shipping.

Signature delivery is still the legal gold standard to prove delivery.

Amazon extorting Sellers to purchase through buy/ship we would think is patently an illegal coercive action.

user profile
Seller_93ujO8D1dxA65

Hi Friend,

Today, I discovered a possible reason why A-to-z determined that CEVA(my shipping agent) has not completed the delivery. I have an A-to-z claim regarding this issue. CEVA's tracking information shows that the goods were delivered on June 4th, 2024. However, on June 7th, CEVA's tracking website displayed a new record with an "Estimated Delivery Date: 07-June-2024." A-to-z informed me that there have been no updates since June 7th, leading them to conclude that the goods were not delivered.

According to CEVA, some orders have been delivered by their agents, causing delays in updating the tracking information on their website.

I will appeal with this new evidence to A-to-z.

You may carefully check if your tracking information has similar information. Hope this could be helpful for your case.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post