user profile
Sign in
user profile

Listing hijack - Please help, really appreciate any tips!

by Seller_MYjOHWInDrTTL

Hey there! Really appreciate any help you can provide.

I have brand registry with pending trademark and branded packaging for my products.

And yet after first week of sales I have been hijacked. Other seller undnercuts to get the buy box, I have to lower my price to get buybox back. This cycle repeats until my prices are too low and then he usually removes himself from the listing until the next day. He also changes accounts that he uses, although both have almost identical names (difference few letters). Both accounts are new and have Chinese addresses.

Since my trademark is only pending I cannot file an infringement report, amazon won' accept that.

I ordered counterfeit items but it takes month to get delivered since its FBM from China and hijacker constantly changes accounts.

My main concern is that my product was modified to make it safe for customer, while they most likely sell fake one with sharp needle that people can hurt themselves with.

What can be possibly done?

Please help

Tags: Counterfeit, Counterfeit Crimes Unit, Intellectual property infringements, Project Zero
9 replies
9 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Dougal_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_MYjOHWInDrTTL's post

Hello @Seller_MYjOHWInDrTTL,

My name is Dougal from the Community Manager Team and I am happy to assist in your reporting of any IP violations or to report abuse.

While you are correct that you cannot report the product as counterfeit because your TM is still pending, there are other forms of IP violations that you can report. This does all depend on what you are reporting and you would need to have the physical product in order to make that determination so the first step is a test buy.

I recommend reviewing the Intellectual Property for Rights Owners help page because it has everything you need to properly report an IP violation. Pay specific attention to the "Reporting Infringement," and "Types of notices not accepted on Amazon," sections as they provide very specific information on what you need to include AND keep out of your submission.

If you receive the product from your test buy and what you received is not the same product as the listing, but their aren't any IP violations, you should "Report Abuse," via the Account Health Dashboard and select the appropriate report that aligns with your test buy (for example, The product received is different than the product on the detail page (different version, model or product)).

Hope this is enough to get you started and I know it is a lost so, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best, Dougal

user profile
Seller_kUQeHGrF4Vkz0
In reply to: Seller_MYjOHWInDrTTL's post

If the seller is from the country "C." you are doomed. Seller Support would be of no help to you. They have to full backing of the Amazon Corporation, and they would not be advocating for any US Based Seller.

I am just telling you based on my experience. I have been selling in Amazon for more than 15 years, and all of my plea's has gone down the drain. The INFORM ACT has not really helped, as they are using "ghost account." They would be changing their account, and even after sending Amazon all the proofs. They would simply deny the proofs. Their is no fair competition for US Based Seller.

My ASIN's have been suspended, and they did let "C" sellers monopolize my ASIN.

Good luck

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post