user profile
Sign in
user profile

Three new product listing attributes required in June

by News_Amazon

Starting June 6, 2023, new product listings for certain product types must include color name, size name, or product description attributes.

The required attributes and the product types that will require them are as follows:

• Color name: backpack, underpants, bra, apron, keychain, costume outfit
  • Size name: leotard, scarf, sunglasses
  • Product description: light fixture, art supplies, hardware handle, kitchen, artificial plant, wireless accessory, home furniture and decor, office products

All new listings for the affected product types will require valid attribute information or the product will not be added to the catalog. This attribute information isn’t required for active listings.

If you have inactive listing and want to publish them, go to Manage Inventory. Filter the listings for these product types, and update the attributes.

To troubleshoot listing errors, go to Error code explanations.

Tags: News and Announcements
9 replies
9 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_COxHjSHk6Vauk
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Just make sure your AI bots don't falsely flagging SKU created by inventory loaders. Some of us use separate SKU to track of FBA inventory. These SKU does not any product detailed added, they inherited product details and attributes from the master SKU.

user profile
Seller_I533ywC0zgTE1

How do I change my product type? Some of our product types are incorrect due to another lister. Amazon ignores us when we want to change it even though we are the brand and have brand registry.

user profile
Seller_9FTnJrSOjNXW1

OK, I've tried very hard not to join this new forum because it is incredibly user-unfriendly and is horrible to work with.

That said - this news made me have to ask:

1. What product types do these attributes apply to?

2. The product description is just that and for the longest time even if one has been added Amazon doesn't recognize one is in there for several SKUs. Is there going to be a new field added for Product Description "Attributes"? This makes no sense to me.

3. Go to Manage Inventory and " filter " for these product types? There is no filter for product type in manage inventory. Not one I've ever seen.

4. Color name & Size name make no sense to me either. Color is "underpants" or "keychain"? What? And size is "scarf" or other nonsense term for what a size is? Seriously? So if I'm selling a toner cartridge, the color name will be Toner and the Size will be cartridge?

Color me lost.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post