user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon Sponsored Discount is now available for shipping labels on Buy Shipping

by News_Amazon

We have launched Amazon Sponsored Discount for shipping labels purchased through Buy Shipping to support you in providing fast, on-time, and tracked products to customers. These discounts will be available for select reliable and faster ship methods.

When using Buy Shipping on Seller Central, you will see the shipping methods that are discounted with a blue badge that says Amazon Sponsored Discount with a discounted price next to it.

If you’re using Buy Shipping through Shipping Integrators that have Buy Shipping enabled, you will automatically see the discounted price.

If you are using APIs to use Buy Shipping, you have to call the Get Eligible Shipping Services API (GESS) to view the discounted prices.

The discount is given at Amazon’s discretion and might not be available for every shipment.

Go to Amazon Sponsored Discount to learn more.

Go to Buy Shipping to learn more about its benefits.

Tags: News and Announcements
6.1K views
224 replies
224 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_VtYsaUP8vgfsN
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

I appreciate Amazon with this special offer
Its a great help
Thank You Amazon

user profile
Seller_Zw8LsZUQSH440

I don’t see that on our current orders.

user profile
Seller_7rNklHYkq1IwY

Can you please specify or provide more details regarding the criteria that is used to present these new shipping discounts.

user profile
Seller_KPpzwlYW3cKvb
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_HGNCgmG14eLKq

“The discount is given at Amazon’s discretion and might not be available for every shipment.” This makes no sense… So who gets the Discount then?

user profile
Seller_dkANjod7uldzi

Thank you Amazon! But It’s not for my selling item I can’t see any " Amazon Sponsored Discount "

user profile
Seller_tvUnTMOounkGW

While this is great news for sellers, wouldn’t a predictable discount be better for sellers, buyers and Amazon.

For example, if I know that shipping for a package weighing 2 lbs to zone 8 is now going to be $6 instead of $8, I could lower my costs and everyone wins.

With this random “hey you won a small lottery prize” method, there is no way to pass along these savings.

Ummm, thanks?

user profile
Seller_EqiVNdPt9Fwmy
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_vgjyy4BbrmR40

Thanks, from what we have seen the discounts are considerable and make UPS more competitive for small packages. However, from our experience buying shipping today, it appears the Amazon Sponsored Discount is only available when purchasing shipping labels for individual orders one at a time and is not available when using the Bulk Buy Shipping method. We tested this on more than one order by getting shipping rates using both methods. If the discounted rate would show up in Bulk Buy Shipping that would be helpful!

user profile
Seller_ZMQqvBsWfSwrF

While the discount may be available when purchasing for a specific shipment, the discounts are not available when buying multiple shipment postage in bulk even if offered individually. Is this intended?

Go to original post