user profile
Sign in
user profile

Reminder: Update your information by June 27 for INFORM Act compliance

by News_Amazon

The INFORM Consumers Act takes effect in the US on June 27, 2023. We encourage you to provide your business information, if you haven’t already, to avoid future disruption to your business, such as withholding of disbursements or, as the law may require, account deactivation.

The INFORM Consumers Act requires us to collect, verify, and disclose the identity, bank account, business address, email address, phone number, and tax information of certain third-party sellers.*

Go to Account Health, to check the status of each piece of information required for the INFORM Act. For any requirement that isn’t “Verified” or “In Progress,” click on the links to provide your information.

Our updated Account Health page will reflect any changes in your verification status generally after a few hours. Once all information is verified, INFORM-related banners on your Account Health page will disappear.

We recommend that you submit required information as soon as possible, as verification can take a few days.

For more information, including tips and FAQ on how to submit documents, go to About the INFORM Consumers Act or read INFORM Consumers Act Verification FAQs in the Seller Forums

Thank you to all who have provided their information and shared feedback on the verification process. For verification support, contact Selling Partner Support.

* The law applies to third-party sellers on Amazon.com who, in any continuous 12-month period during the previous 24 months, have sold 200 or more, new or unused consumer products and have had $5,000 or more in gross revenues.

Tags: News and Announcements
3.7K views
152 replies
152 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_FQlqAmPPQSVkO
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

A postcard containing a code will be mailed to below address:

XXXX

Estimated Delivery: 28 June 2023

We are sitting ducks.

We comply with the verification request in no time, and now it's the final step behind the deadline.

user profile
News_Amazon
View post
The INFORM Consumers Act takes effect in the US on June 27, 2023.
user profile
Seller_171whtfaYxvhd
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_fJ00aLFRl7BWw

For me, only the Identity verification link is clickable and I submitted the required information but I guess it is still 'In Progress'. The rest of the links are not clickable at all, even though 2 of them are unverified.

user profile
Seller_171whtfaYxvhd

I am based outside the United States living in a European country. Two days ago i have been asked to verify my Address Verification which is now i progress. What is scares me is: How the postcard it going to reached me in 7 days from America. Today we have June 19, and the postcard it is still preparing.

Estimate delivery date says: June 27,

Please give us a cleared answer what will really happened as it is clear that will not get the postcard on time!

user profile
Seller_gdX6mm1HIo4ov

What a disaster of a roll out by Amazon on this. And way to scare all your sellers with "Account Deactivation" banners.

I always find it cute when Amazon says we are a "valued selling partner" lol

user profile
Seller_hY40tLwm8O9jf

I provided updates for everything. But still the deactivation message remains. This even after they said I successfully updated the information. Why does the deactivation message remain? When I ask them, they repeat the previous message to update. When I say I updated and to please answer my question why the message remains, I get no answer. Am I even talking to a real person or AI?

user profile
Seller_2JC2tcXS3Ea91

""""The INFORM Consumers Act requires us to collect, verify, and disclose the identity, bank account, business address, email address, phone number, and tax information of certain third-party sellers.*""""

Who is this information disclosed to? Originally I thought this was customers but after reading bank account, I have to assume more than likely government agencies.

user profile
Seller_KD1B3PyQ9x0Cm

5 calls from Account Health already and over 10 opened cases about the bank account verification that is already verified...all saying that the banner will go away soon..still been there for over a month now..thank you Amazon.

I`m almost sure that they will deactivate the account even if all is verified..I`m sure they will find a way. They always do.

user profile
Seller_oaRU9oxEaQxPL

I tried to submit this info proactively but Amazon stated my account was already verified.

On Thursday June 15th Amazon emailed me to say I needed to re-verify my account in accordance to the INFORM act and must do so by June 27th.

Except the address verification postcard will take 2 weeks to be delivered.

Why are you only giving sellers 2 weeks to submit this information, and didn't let sellers proactively re-verify their accounts to avoid this disruption?

user profile
Seller_Czalp8fz737R0

TAX ID number not working for US sellers, how are we supposed to comply? I'm tired of calling every day to Account Health, they always tell me they will check their internal systems yet it never verifies and is still marked as pending.

Go to original post