user profile
Sign in
user profile

NEED HELP

by Seller_qavlEu8atJiyy

I had cerave listing in my products for months. I never got around to ordering it. I finally placed a big order of 2000 and sent to FBA. The day it arrived i got an email saying i cannot sell sunscreen therefore i cant sell this listing. i tried to appeal this which was denied. Ive never even sold sunscreen or had an issue around this. Is there anything i can do at this point? There just telling me to remove my inventory. This is so annoying i cant even believed this has happened. Amazon sells this product and there is 88 sellers in there. so what i didnt make the cut?

Tags: Product removal
3 replies
3 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_kIukTwdhvntAp
In reply to: Seller_qavlEu8atJiyy's post

Amazon changes the rules all the time and seldom with any notice.

In this case, at least SOME of the sellers were given until 6/25 to sell through their stock.

It isn't because you didn't make the cut on anything. It's because Amazon is tightening the screws on LOTS of things.

Since you are new just be sure to follow the requirements for the new, improved Amazon.

For any rookies out there reading this just be sure to follow the requirements for the new, improved Amazon.

Have an LOA from the brand allowing you to sell on here.

Source from AUTHORIZED wholesale sources that your rep at the brand says are OK.

If you have watched any YouTube or TikTok videos FORGET everything you saw there.

Spend hours/days on Seller U and read the Forum to see all the really creative ways rookies find to get suspended by ignoring the advice above!

https://sell.amazon.com/learn

AND, here is at least a PARTIAL list of brands to avoid --

FORBIDDEN BRANDS LIST

NIKE

ADIDAS

DISNEY

LEGO

MARVEL

and, according to at least some reports from one source ,

Too Faced

Clinique

Smashbox

Versace

Armani

and, Yves Saint Laurent

have been added to the list and will be gated in the next few days/weeks.

It is reported that Costa brand is officially restricted also.

Additional partial list from @Seller_AXC06kcsKI1qG :

A&D

Adore

Aim

Andis

Arm & Hammer

Arrid

Babyliss Pro

Ban

Batiste

Bio-Oil

Biore

Braun

Burt’s Bees

Clairol

Curel

Dr. Bronners

Everpro

Gigi

Godefroy

Goody

Gum

Hask-Placenta

Jergens

Jhirmack

John Frieda

L’oreal (added note – they are selling on here now themselves and seem to be removing all other sellers)

Magic

Manic Panic

Nair

Norelco

Not Your Mothers

One N Only

Opi

Orajel

Pepto Bismol

Philips

Schick

Shea Moisture

Spinbrush

Straight Arrow

Toppik

Vicks

Wakati

Wella

The Wet Brush

Wild Will (ies) -- I had to “modify” this one since the AMAZON FORUM thinks that is a dirty name even though it is sold on here!

Additional items provided by @Seller_Vd3fzE8t2WKbN --

Oakley

RayBan

Burberry

Versace

Dior

Tom Ford

Coach

Diesel

Kate Spade

Hugo Boss

Jimmy Choo

Calvin Klein

YSL

Arnette

Armani

From posts in the Forum NIVEA is now on the list as well.

The list grows everyday

There are entire websites dedicated to tracking these lists. Even a LITTLE research or reading the Forum might save you from destroying your account.

user profile
Seller_WBnGS7Ix3XiDX

I would avoid selling something that has 88 other sellers. If you got the get rich quick You Tube bug, then really do your research. Its not as easy as You Tube says it will be.

Sell them on Ebay, and either find something to sell with less sellers, or maybe find something unique to sell.

I am not sure where you got the 2000 bottles but if it doesn't come from an authorized seller, Amazons reasons are that the product could have been tampered with.

You also don't want that email saying your product is not authentic, Then it gets worse, fast.

Best of luck!

user profile
Michelle_Amazon

Hello @Seller_qavlEu8atJiyy,

Michelle at Amazon here. Unfortunately, there was a recent restriction placed on sunscreen products. While I understand that this may be frustrating for you, Amazon requires approval to sell in many categories, brands, and products and in some instances restrictions and policies change. While you may have been approved in the past, as the Amazon catalog grows, we continuously make new determinations on which products should be restricted, which is based on a number of factors. Amazon does this to ensure authenticity and customer satisfaction

At this time, this category is not accepting new applications to sell sunscreen products.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, but thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Michelle

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post