user profile
Sign in
user profile

Using my Amazon Seller Account At air BNB while on vaction. At RISK?

by Seller_hhzeTeuyYj7IZ

So I'm on vacation and brought my Computer i Use for Amazon to the air BnB so i can continue to work. I been reading forums and worried my account is possibly at risk for deactivation? Can someone please clarify the risk. thank you. Right now i have save receipts form Airbnb to show locations i stayed at just incase any issues araise? can a mod please clarify. thank you.

Tags: Address, Policy, Vacation
29 replies
29 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Micah_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_hhzeTeuyYj7IZ's post

Hello @Seller_hhzeTeuyYj7IZ,

Thank you fore your post. You may run a risk due to the IP address of where you are working. This is to prevent multiple accounts or accounts being hijacked. Do you have a VPN blocker or any sort of authentication?

If you can’t fulfill your Amazon orders, you should go into “vacation mode,” which means you change your Listings Status to Inactive. Doing this will remove your self-fulfilled listings from Amazon product detail pages and search results within one hour. When you’re ready to sell again, you can easily change the status of your listings back to Active.

Why is it important to change your listing status to inactive?

• It’s important for customers. When you’re unable to fulfill animals, you want to let customers know, so they don’t order and expect your products when you can’t deliver.
  • It’s important for you. If customers do order your product and you don’t deliver, this can lower your Order Defect Rate and overall Account Health, which can impact your ability to sell on Amazon.

How to set your account to vacation mode:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Cheers,

Micah

user profile
Seller_7m41n8ZhBqjzB

I use my phones mobile hotspot and log into Amazon that way.

user profile
Seller_KRTPy17BXoPtr

I don't think anyone cares lol, I've worked on 'vacation' for years, just use a VPN.

user profile
Seller_zc50DVO3FE5fz

Worked on vacation and being away for 15+ years - hotels, out of the country, etc etc. Never used a VPN. Never had an issue. I personally think the risk is almost zero. Any reports otherwise are very few and far between, and 99% of the time is because the seller IS actually trying to use multiple accounts and got caught.

user profile
Seller_CRAHk6FHN1cLe

Usually that happens when two sellers try to use the same computer. I do not think they still link accounts based on isp address alone as many are rotating and constantly change but don't quote me. When I go away I just extend my handling time. Customers can still place orders knowing that there is an extended handling time at checkout. That has served me well on multiple vacations.

user profile
Seller_yDK1A0Z4cN6fX

I sold books FBA. Two years ago I took an European river cruise. It was nice to watch to watch the orders flow in and be fulfilled while I sailed up the Danube. Every morning I would transfer proceeds to my account. No issues

user profile
Seller_gQ0c6kCtoX2ON

imagine the POTENTIAL carnage at an Amazon sellers convention at a hotel conference center....

user profile
Seller_GDHNUE0mJYvka

Hello,

NEVER connect to wifi at Airbnbs, hotels overseas, etc. Always use your mobile hotspot.

Personally went to Verizon and got the overseas hotspot plan. Used it overseas to check messages and no problems!

user profile
Seller_nR5mejs24aRxp

I have traveled for years using hotel and VRBO wifi with no issues.... Yet...

user profile
Seller_yFAkuOv7JDcDK

Please use your phone hotspot. However, i may digress to tell you that i have used hotel Wi-Fi for two weeks without any issue in the past. I will say i did not know the rule of engagement then. Nothing happened to my account. I think they go deeper than just IP. I will say they dig down to your MAC address and at that point you cannot give any excuse.

Go to original post