user profile
Sign in
user profile

New Contact Customer feature for brand owners

by News_Amazon

Great brand owners provide exceptional customer service, especially in situations where the customer is unhappy or disappointed. We’re excited to launch a new communication tool that gives you the ability to contact customers after they leave a 1, 2, or 3-star product review. Now, you can choose what level of support you want to offer your customers by either offering a full refund or requesting additional information on their orders to help resolve their issues.

As a brand owner, you can access this new tool by going to Seller Central and clicking Customer Reviews under the Brands tab. You can view all reviews that have been left on any of your products, and filter by star rating or brand. The new Contact Customer feature is enabled for qualifying critical product reviews.

Note that sellers aren’t allowed to ask for a customer’s personal information, including email or phone number, and customers aren’t expected to change their reviews due to this outreach or any potential resolution.

For more information on the feature, go to Contact Customer.

Tags: News and Announcements
5.2K views
89 replies
89 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_JSkKTxOgzk1ON
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

“customers aren’t expected to change their reviews due to this outreach or any potential resolution.”

Oh, so its pointless. Sounds about right for a new Amazon feature.

user profile
Seller_eJ6oZ0suC66Hr

Amazon forgot to mention the part that a large percentage of customers opt out of communications. For the 10 reviews we’ve tried this with, 4 hadn’t opted out. Out of those 4, 1 responded. So this isn’t the game changer you may think it is.

user profile
Seller_spBEmM4GC9jW1

This program will be abused by sellers lacking any self esteem or those with ego issues, and it will be removed.
Letting sellers discuss reviews with buyers will not end well in most cases.
This also creates another avenue for garbage sellers to cover for selling trash, and it will be another tool for shady buyers to extract refunds from sellers who don’t have a spine.

user profile
Seller_uncyrSEaaJOY4

Dear Amazon,

This feature is awesome, for the most part my product gets good reviews, but every once in a while I see a review that just screams that there was some sort of defect in the unit the user got individually and not an over all product flaw. This finally allows me to at least try to reach out in some way to try to help that customer, in most cases I’d be more than happy to send a replacement if it means my customer gets a better experience, finally I have that chance, this is awesome!

user profile
Seller_ZxR9jCqs9AAR5

FINALLY!

Very excited Amazon is making it easier to provide good customer service.

user profile
Seller_nfR6ZjpaZkBm7

Seems like a feature that will just be abused. Best is to move toward just eliminating reviews entirely.

user profile
Seller_uKYUQR1wT7FSF

Ok,
Lets say you sell Netgear routers. A customer buys one, then leaves a one star review. Does that allow Netgear to contact the customer and give a full refund from your funds?

user profile
Seller_JSkKTxOgzk1ON

Does anybody know the timeframe a customer can actually change or remove a product review? They have 90 days to leave one I am aware. So if a customer leaves a review at 98 days. How long do we have to go to work?

user profile
Seller_xNId5z1Ok5LtJ

nice, feedback terrorism oh im sure they will remove it if you give your item for free !

user profile
Seller_Qb8Oj3meVAtn0

Just another tool for buyers to abuse in order to get REFUNDS or free product…

“hurrrrr if i leave negatives they will give me my money back hurrrrr”

Go to original post